electric

10

Asked by Oct 13, 2010 at 11:31 AM about the 1999 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK 320 Coupe

For the last 3 weeks my car will drain the battery. I went to the shop and they told me I have a full 12v draw somewhere in the system after the computer of the car goes to sleep. Any idea were that my be or what I can doo???

20

using any of the following add on's ? Sat Radio? GPS? switched hard wired radar? stereo components like amps or powered subs?

10

Thank you, but nothing related to those. I solved the problem. The trunk sensor was on all the time, and beside that my battery was dead( only 425A and a bad cell).Clean the sensor ( witch it's located in the trunk)replaced the battery and solved the problem.

10

I am having a similar experience. I replaced the battery (new from MB) in August 2011. I do not drive the car everyday, but after a few weeks I attempted to start it, "click". The lights on the inside came on the the remote works. I've attached it to a battery charger to recharage. My question -- why is it draining the battery so fast ? I have sat radio and nav (factory)