Driverside Window Button Popped Off.

30

Asked by Jun 29, 2013 at 04:52 PM about the 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 240 4MATIC AWD Sedan

I have a 2004 Mercedes C240. The driver side window button popped off. The window still works and goes up and down, just the button broke off. I called a shop and they want to charge me $300 or more saying that they would have to replace the entire window panel. Can I just pop one of the buttons from one the back windows in its place instead of taking this expensive route? If I can, please tell explain to me how I can pop it off without breaking the button. Thanks

100

find a car scrab dealer and buy it from him it wont cost you more then $20 for the button, if not buy it from mercedz order your button, go to a garage and just pay for labor work i give them probably $20 Max

24,405

A lesson in why it's so rare to find a used car over 10 years old with every little thing still intact and working- when the car starts to degrade few owners will keep up with the little annoyances- then they start to add up over time and combine with even bigger maintenance needs because the owner has cultured an attitude of neglect- to find an old car with all the "i's" dotted and the "t's" crossed is really exceptional- why the "old lady" cars are sought out- if you want to be that rare owner who keeps the car intact, you will have to be diligent and pay the price- find a good Benz mechanic and help feed his family- don't start using your screwdriver to pry parts off your interior, leaving it scarred- a "good" mechanic means "experienced" but it also means fair labor and parts rates- it might pay off when the loyal customer needs something expensive and gets the "bro" rate!

30

Well Jamnblues, while I can respect your appreciation for the nostalgia of the "old lady" cars and your willingness to help the "good Benz mechanic" and "feed his family", I cannot say that I support the idea of cutting myself short simply because the "good Benz mechanic" wants to charge me $300 or more for a window button. Which I'm sure on some level you can relate as can any hardworking person could. I'm sure there has been some malfunction that has happened in your home like a toilet getting clogged, a kitchen cabinet coming loose or even painting chipping and fading on your living room walls. Do you call a plumber, carpenter or construction worker for those things? No, because you say to yourself "why spend all that money when I can go to Lowe's get the supplies and do it myself." Because at the end of the day, we are all cutting corners where we can to "feed our families"...

24,405

OK- a broken Benz is not like a clogged toilet- please note that I said "fair labor and parts rates" which means, yes, a $300 quote to fix a broken button is outrageous- find a GOOD mechanic/garage- these guys just disrespected you, acted stupid to give you a quote like that- I'm trying to give you good advice on how to maintain your very nice Mercedes- but it seems you think you can drive a Merc for free

Here you go! Buy it here! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-C-Class-W203-MASTER-Window- Switch-Repair-Button-Cap-Cover-double-/261566293449

20

I got a set off eBay for $8 free shipping. If ur talking about the plastic covers u put ur finger on they just snap in

20

My Video on YouTube might help you. You can fix it in less than 1 minute: https://youtu.be/cqDPs2IF3so