how much can one expect to pay for rear brakes by a Mercedes mechanic? Also, is it acceptable to have to change the rear wheel pads when the car has 40K miles?

45

Asked by Dec 05, 2007 at 08:49 PM about the 2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 240 4MATIC AWD Sedan

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

1 Answer

43,965

It will depend a LOT on what your Mercedes-Benz dealer charges per hour for labor. Here in PA, you are looking at $120-150 per hour at an MB dealer plus the parts. Rear pads with a light resurface of the rotors usually pays about a 2.0 per axle, so you'd be looking at $240-300 in labor alone. Rear pads typically do not wear out as quickly as front pads. In a typical braking system the front brakes are doing 70% of the stopping with the rear brakes taking up the remaining 30%. If there is a problem, such as a stuck E-brake cable or caliper, causing the rears to drag, they will wear out faster. Also, your personal driving style will affect brake pad longevity. Have you had the fronts replaced yet? If not, I would suspect a problem. 40,000 miles though is a good long time for most front brake pads. That's roughly 3-4 years of average driving (10-12k miles per year).

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

Search Mercedes-Benz C-Class Questions

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Experts

#1 Lorne Grandison
Lorne Grandison
Reputation 4,910
#2 PPC123
PPC123
Reputation 3,540
#3 zabi
zabi
Reputation 2,510
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Mercedes-Benz E-Class
442 Great Deals out of 20,016 listings starting at $1,200
Used BMW 3 Series
1,011 Great Deals out of 31,851 listings starting at $1,000
Used Mercedes-Benz S-Class
167 Great Deals out of 6,322 listings starting at $2,000
Used BMW 5 Series
478 Great Deals out of 16,732 listings starting at $2,000
Used Audi A4
284 Great Deals out of 10,505 listings starting at $1,000
Used BMW M3
41 Great Deals out of 1,334 listings starting at $5,995
Used Mercedes-Benz CL-Class
25 Great Deals out of 556 listings starting at $3,300
Used Mercedes-Benz M-Class
242 Great Deals out of 5,694 listings starting at $1,500
Used Ford Mustang
737 Great Deals out of 44,486 listings starting at $1,500
Used Chevrolet Camaro
367 Great Deals out of 31,549 listings starting at $2,400
Used Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class
38 Great Deals out of 1,229 listings starting at $2,950
Used Honda Accord
1,118 Great Deals out of 66,867 listings starting at $1,000

Used Cars For Sale

2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class For Sale
171 Great Deals out of 11,122 listings starting at $28,999
2016 Mercedes-Benz C-Class For Sale
61 Great Deals out of 1,622 listings starting at $24,999
2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class For Sale
72 Great Deals out of 1,883 listings starting at $18,977
2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class For Sale
70 Great Deals out of 1,914 listings starting at $14,993
2013 Mercedes-Benz C-Class For Sale
51 Great Deals out of 1,530 listings starting at $10,598

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.