What are engine types for 2003 Toyota Camry XLE 4cyl ? Or how do I find out mine?

50

Asked by massachusetts Apr 03, 2013 at 10:39 PM about the 2003 Toyota Camry XLE

I originally received info & warnings about the car and it refers to a specific engine in first couple of
sentences:  "Occasional problems on this vehicle are failures of the Intake Manifold, 2AZ-FE engine only,
and the..."   How do I figure out my engine name/model?
More info about car:  2.4L L4 FI DOHC 16V / FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
Thank you!

144,345

The 2003 Camry 2.4L is the 2AZ-FE engine - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97XCJU2dcx0

Best Answer Mark helpful
50

my luck. You think this is only engine type for the 2003 Camry XLE's? Thank you so much.

144,345

It's the only 4 cyl listed on RockAuto.com. The other engine is a V6.

50

Very good. This question is Answered.

mass, I would be very curious to know where you heard that, best of luck with your car shopping. Thank You

Also, go to: http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/login and create an account, have your VIN# ready there you can learn much about your car..I didn't see at first you said "my engine.." sorry 'bout that..but anyway register there for a ton of information specific to your car including service records

50

David, Thank you for your postings. I will definitely check my car out at the toyota website. Also, the warnings (in my original question) came from the original Car Fax I did on my specific car. I've kept the info and it came true, unfortunately (about Intake Manifold). Apparently, so many camry owners develop same problem. I have ordered new part at very good price on EBay. Thanks again!

20

Which other engine can fit my 2003 Camry xle 4 cylinder