2000 Cavalier (2.2L) Turn signals out, rear and front and blower only works on high...other weird things going on

40

Asked by Aug 23, 2014 at 04:07 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sedan FWD

13 months ago I installed an after market stereo...the horn wouldn't stop honking (even
dealer couldn't fix the issue so they pulled the fuse).

Last month my right front turn signal quit but the switch/handle (on sterring wheel) was
still clicking...then ALL the other turn signals stopped working about 2 weeks later, but
this time the switch/handle stopped making the clicking noise. At the exact same time
that happened, the A/C blower stopped working on all levels except high.
Can someone, anyone please help me figure this out.
I have checked all the fuses (inside)....everything else works.

***note, I replaced the instrument cluster about 5 months ago and the lights dim a lot, if
I slap the dash it'll brighten back up. I have repeatedly checked the connection behind
the cluster....its as snug as it can be.

Are these possibly related or is this just a coincidence? The car has 80 k miles on
it....I bought it for $250 about 2 years ago and have every intention of driving this car
until I am dead.

Thank you VERY much in advance!!!

40

Ok, everyone can chill on the responses....so many to choose from. NOT. Here is the answer, though: There is a relay switch about 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches (perfectly square) on the very upper end of the brake pedal (yep), which I replaced. That immediately fixed the lighting issues, re: turn signals rear and front. This is ONLY IF THET STOP CLICKING! If the turn signals click when you turn them on but you have no signals, that is a different issue entirely and that is a relay under the steering wheel. Brake Pedal relay switch location : the B & W photo is somewhere on this page There is a resister underneath the glove box...fastest swap out ever. That repaired the a/c blower switch. Here is a video of how to do that, by the way, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsKIRuK7his Wow, thanks Bear, you're an awesome gal! You know, for answering your own da** question!