Are there any vacuum lines coming off the fuel tank on a 2000 Cavalier?

Asked by Feb 25, 2017 at 08:44 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe FWD

My 2000 Cavalier was running rough and would not get past 40 mph, changed the fuel pressure regulator but I was told it was my fuel pump. Changed that now it wont start. (?)

37,975

Check your work for the fuel pump and that it is running properly, a fuel pressure gauge would help, if you don't own one some stores will loan or rent you one. As to other lines running from tank, you do have a vapor line coming from tank to EVAP canister, and from there to the purge solenoid and vent solenoid. A vapor line runs from the fuel sender assembly to the EVAP canister (that assembly also has the fuel tank pressure sensor in it). EVAP problems will usually set a OBD diagnostic code.

24,545

All are suppose to have a evap system they run to the canister, purge valves and back to engine to burn the fumes off.

I will have to check pressure.. I dropped the tank to check my wire connections... all seem intact correctly... but I dont understand why I would run before ad not now. No codes are showing but I was thinking I forgot to connect something. If I did forget a purgevalve line would a code appear even though it wont start?

37,975

Do you hear the fuel pump run when you switch the ignition on?

Yes I do.... I have heard that relays dont go bad, is this true? I work long hours during the week and I wont be able to check anything else until tomorrow evening.

24,545

Relays go bad, the parts stores are full of them for sale.

I will have to stop and get one. Thank you

I need help guys I have a 2000 Chevy cavalier 2.4 idles run rough. Going up inclines speed slows down. Changed fuel filter,spark plugs housing is pretty much new boots for spark plugs.. Help me.

24,545

Any codes?

24,545

Catalytic Converter been checked, often the exhaust manifold and Catalytic Converter can be seen glowing after dark and engine has ran.

24,545

May need to check fuel pressure. Does it smoke from exhaust? Do you smell excess fuel or any other smells from the car. Check all vacuum lines too. If no codes, Clean throttle body, take it off and while at it clean the IAC, Take it off too, clean with throttle body cleaner and nylon assorted size brushes to get into all areas, re-mount with new gaskets. Try to clean the interior of intake while its off. If there is a mechanical throttle lever spray it too and also pull the PCV if it has a serviceable valve and clean it with throttle body cleaner or can use gas if its metal, if rubber line to it is caked full or very bad or dirty otherwise replace this rubber line for a new one, or spray cleaner in it to remove any residue. May try a bottle of fuel injection cleaner in the fuel tank.