Cavalie help please

Asked by Mar 02, 2013 at 05:45 AM about the 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Base Coupe

hey guys... thx in advance for any help.

here is my issue

drove car...night before.. went to bed got up for work car wont start.....

haws 1.2 tank of gas.. and I hear the pump running when I turn key to on.
I have spark.. took the boots off the coil packs and there was a blue ark from psot to post on both coil packs.. I changed the sparkplugs. and test them..."the had spark but it seamed like it was only after few cranks... could be wrong... changed the crank sensor atlenator and battery. I tried spraying starting fluid directely in the intake... nothing... the car cranks "sounds normal when cranking" but just don't start... I have a leak in the pressure hose on the power stearing pump for like over a year... yea yea I know should had it fixed by now... but doubt that's the prob... I don't understand why ti wont start.... especially when I did the starting fluid..... just don't make sense... I know it cant have anything to do with fuel cause of the startingluid....I had it on a portable scanner here are the error codes:

p0130
p0440
p0304

I think the p0304 was just because of me trying to start car with plug out.

I don't hink any of those codes would stop the car from starting.. I just cant figure it out.. any help would be appreciated

btw its a 2.2 engine
sean

97,045

P0130 CHEVROLET - HO2S circuit sensor 1 - Faulty Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 - Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 harness is open or shorted - Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection - Replacing the O2 Sensor 1 usually takes care of the problem

97,045

The O2 sensor shouldn't matter either since the ECU is in open loop until the engine warms a little. The engine should start and run on open loop. --- It has to be something in the ignition. You're seeing some spark so it has to be the timing, like in the crank or cam position sensor or the coil pack isn't hitting it hard enough.

think I might be the wireing harness? like month before.. I know sometimes my turn signals wouldn't work.. id have to put car in park and restart engine.... but of course.. I prob wouldn't get spark..... I was thinking timeing chain.. but its a chain..andI don't hear it clanking around. and car didn't just stop when driving.. I put 20.00 in gas parked it and next day wouldn't start.. it cranks over like its gonna start but dosent... sounds normal......

pretty sure it has nothing to do with fuel because the starting fluid would of atleast started it for few sec

Im also thinking that... since the car was shut off and hasn't started.. maybe the car is giving any new diagnostic codes since it hasn't started

deciding if I should try cam sensor.. or just take it to garage... don't have lots of cash spend that's why trying to figure it out my self

bump still cant get it to start

bump

Well went back under the car... notice I broke the new crank sensor.. bought a new one.. put it in and car fired up!!