Chevy S-10 Blazer is locked

10

Asked by Nov 30, 2014 at 12:48 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LT 4WD

I have a 2000 Chevy S-10 Blazer that I bought and took to my parents to have some
minor repairs/details done. About 3 weeks into these tiny this and that projects, the
blazer got locked without my knowledge and I have lost my only set of keys. Nope,
didn't have it titled in my name yet, was waiting on a few straggling parts.......so, WHO
CAN I CALL FOR HELP OR HOW CAN I GET INTO MY BLAZER WITHOUT THE
OBVIOUS BUSTING OUT A WINDOW?????

69,385

I'm praying that you didn't leave the title in the glove box?! Get the title in your name, register it, and then visit your local Chevy Dealer. Be sure to bring your driver's license and your shiny new registration with you for proof of ownership. Your key codes may still be on file. If they are the Chevy Dealer will use your vehicle identification number to give you the key codes and cut you new keys. Now here's the catch, your Blazer uses transponder keys. The new keys must be programmed to the vehicle. In order to do it yourself you MUST have a working key first. So you have to either find one of the old keys anyhow or have your Blazer towed to the Chevy Dealer so they can program the new keys to the truck. Otherwise it won't run! HTH. -Jim

10

Oh wow, you are awesome!!!! However, which would be cheaper.......replacing a "tiny" window, or a tow bill? I have a very strong notion that the extra set is inside the blazer. You have no idea how much I appreciate your helping me find a direction. I do have the title and some friends with trucks and trailors who would tow it for me if needed. Again thank you so much.

69,385

You're welcome. If it were me I'd pick the tow bill. That way you don't have to pay for the glass, once you find it and have the hassle of putting it in. Or paying for the installation. Some tow companies have "lock out kits" on board their tow trucks. But you still have to show proof of ownership for them to unlock the vehicle. Thank you for the kind words as well!! HTH. -Jim