Had a 5 th fuel pump replaced, would'nt start after a few days.. So added a extra ground wire to chassis, replaced plug / spark wires. I'm wondering if its the Ignition switch or another poor grou ,

Asked by Jan 23, 2017 at 07:58 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LT

Blazer 2000 replaced fuel pump 5 times.. added extra ground wire now not
starting. I hear a sound near the dash by the radio , like buzz , electrical
sounding

72,995

Are you sure the fuel pump is not running? There is a fuel pump relay in the fuse box. Turn the key to on, can you hear the fuel pump prime up? Just wondering if you have another problem.

Relays good,had scan done everything checked out from computer to relay fuse box working find,

72,995

Can you hear the fuel pump run with the key on? I'm thinking you have a fuel pressure issue.

have to jump it drained battery now, but I thought I heard it come on when I checked it today .. sometimes I heard it , when I don't hear it come on I know its not gonna start, its a mystery

72,995

The fuel pumps will run to a point, they prime up then shut off if you listen. When the vehicle is running it is hard to hear. So I'm thinking you may have a fuel pressure issue. Get your battery charged back up, and find a fuel pressure gauge to hook up to the Schrader Valve, turn the key to on and see what the fuel pressure is. Turn the key off and watch the gauge to see if it drops fast. Fuel pressure should be 56 to 63 lbs.

Thank you for your help, I'll have that done Wednesday. If the fuel pressure isn't between 56 to 63 lbs.is it a sensor ? Or where do I go from there.. I appreciate you answering my questions , this has been a headache for a year already..

72,995

You have a new fuel pump, just turn the key on and listen for it to prime up. Must know if it turns on. If the fuel pressure drops, you have either bad fuel regulator, or injectors & lines. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

ok, Thank you once again