NO LOW BEAMS

Asked by Feb 18, 2010 at 04:16 PM about the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT LB RWD

MY LOW BEAMS ON MY 2006 DODGE RAM PICKUP WILL NOT WORK. ONLY THE HIGH BEAMS WORK. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

690

I'm sure you already checked, the bulbs themselves, and the low beam fuses under the hood, and the plugs to the headlamps, along with the wires for corrsion ,or breaks, which only leaves 4 things let whick the dealer can verify with there star computer, 1] headlight switch 2] high beam/ multifultion switch colum , 3] body control module/computer under the dash, or 4] broken wire[ more than likely under the fuse relay box] but i'm pushing more toward to main switch for lights. assuming of course you already check the oveus

40

Just want to say "THANKS" for the help.. Had the same problem and checked all the things you said and bingo,it was the switch. Thanks again for the help...

160

I have a 2004 Ram 1500 that either drivers side or passenger side low beam would go out. Dodge dealer replaced the FCM, and the light worked. Went out again and I replaced it. It worked for 3 months and then went out again. I pulled the FCM(the module that is plugged in to the fuse box assembly ) with the battery connected but the lights off, when I plugged the same module in it worked. When I screwed it down it quit working. When I unscrewed it, it worked. I shimmed up the bottom screws, remounted it and it WORKS. Hope this helps some one else. Saddletramp57

change the dimer switch.

1,475

im assuming you got it fixed, but recently, my 96 dodge has been having the same problem, but the odd part is it is fixed if i tilt my steering wheel all the way up, all the way down or in the middle however make it so i only have high beams, luckily im a tall guy and can deal with the wheel all the way up, does anyone else have this problem?

95

I have a 2001 ran 1500 that has only high beams and the low beams come on if I move the tilt up and down. I think its in the high beam switch. I will work on it tomorrow.

260

I just fixed this same problem on my truck. On the turn signal multi-function switch there was a wire broken off at the terminal. The wire was the dimmer switch low beam output. Please see attached). I believe that people like myself who constantly move the steering column up and down are putting wear on Dodges poor wiring harness design.

80

I had a problem with my 2004 Ram passenger headlamp out on low beams. After checking everything else I determined it was the FCM. Replaced it with a used one that worked great for a year then same problem. Read the above post and pulled the FCM with battery still connected. Reinstalled same FCM without screwing down. Lights worked perfectly. So I shimmed the button screws and retighten the top. Then the drivers side low beam didn't work. I then shimmed all 4 screws. Everything is working now.

440

My 06 dodge ram has the driver side headlight is out but the bulb is fine I bought new ones and it still don't work what could be my problem

70

Fcm switch

60

I'm having the same problem with my '98 1500 but it's melting the headlights switch connection that comes off the wiring harness to the main switch any suggestions...

40

04 ram 1500>no low beam>lamp out light on dash.Both bulbs are good.After reading the forums on head light issues i pulled the FCM.Took it to the dealer..a $469.00 quote for the part alone!!Kinda pissed went home..found the exact one on ebay$179.00..hmm..risky..grabbed the old FCM..plugged it back in..did not screw it back on..just hand push..and the low beams are working again..

120

What are you guys shimming the fcm with

760

Where is this FCM you speak of?

370

I have a 2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab.. same same, no low beam passenger side, r&r'd the bulb, still no work, so I did the power off reset with shims and without, no work, so I tried the power on reset, it worked, have no shims in at the moment see how long that lasts

370

Qsilver it is on the fender side of the fuse box, there is a youtube video that is helpful

70

Got the same problem with ma dodge ram 1500 2006 my passenger side headlight dont work yellow lights dont either only turn signal when turning but when i turn high beams on both headlights work cant find tha problem any advice or help??!

10

Outstanding! The shims worked! I loosened the screws and slipped in some shim material ( about .040") snugged it down and both headlights work. Now I want to know why this works; dodge is making a fortune off this electrical glitch.

I tried this worked for the headlights but now the truck won't turn over at all....is it the shims I'm lost it started and ran perfect before hand

40

I HAVE A 2001 DOGE RAM 1500 PICKUP AND OVER THE PAST YEAR OR SO THE HEADLIGHT/DIMMER SWITCH HEATS UP AND LATELY I CAN SMELL AN ELECTRONIC SMELL LIKE SOMETHING HEATING UP. HEADLIGHT AND DIMMER SWITCH ASSEMBLY WE REPLACED TWICE(SHOP ONCE LAST TIME...SAID THAT WAS THE PROBLEM BUT WASNT). HOW DO YOU FIX THIS PROBLEM AS I HAVE READ IT IS THE WIRING HARNESS TO THE SWITCH....A COMMON PROBLEM FOR THAT YEAR MODEL?

20

Just fixed my headlight problem by "shimming" the FCM screw on the top right corner with a nut. So excited to have headlights again. Yeay for forums!!

10

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup and shimmed the FCM and it worked! Thanks guys

280

We've got an '07 Ram 1500 and cannot find the FCM on this truck. It's not attached to the fuse panel like we keep reading about. Could it be mounted anywhere else on the truck? I've attached a picture of what our fuse panel looks like. Thanks.

50

I had the same issue with my 05 1500. Passenger low beam would come on, but not driver side. When on high beam, driver side would come on and passenger side would be out. Plus passenger side blinkers weren't working. Took fcm off and cleaned it. Didn't fully understand how to "shimmy" it. Saw anothet comment about issue and they said to splice wires and connect a wire from passenger side low bebeawire to driver side low beam wire. Ended up splicing both low and hi beam wires to each other. Everything works including signal lights! Hope this helps someone out there!

50

**meant to say connected passenger side low beam wire to driver side low beam wire. As well as passenger side hi beam wire to driver side hi beam wire

10

Ok figure this one out. 05 dodge 3500 Cummings my low beams go off and my fog lights go on, back and forth until just my fog lights stay on. Then when I pull my fog light switch out both head lights and fog lights work

10

my headlights an taillights come on only went i start the truck i have no horn wind shied wippers want work , raido lights front and back will not come on manul i have a 04 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi

10

I have an 04 ram 1500 no low beams everything else works I swapped out fcm and it wasn't it.

20

My driver side lowbeam headlight won't work on my 2006 Ram 2500 HAD even with a new bulb. Could someone please give me suggestions? Ron T.

I have 2004 doge ram the low beam not on,then I take off the battery out for 5 seconds then put back on,everything works fine