How to use my remote start key fob/remote to lock and unlock my doors/ alarm and disarm my factory alarm,

5

Asked by Jan 20, 2016 at 04:01 AM about the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab LB 4WD

Ready Remote Model# 23927
I've been using my factory remote for my alarm and locking and unlocking my doors and used my aftermarket Ready Remote separately just for the remote start. But, I have lost my factory Remote/key fob. The remote start works just fine but I don't even know where to start with making my Ready Remote key fob my all-in-one remote. example: Neg and Pos triggers, relays, resisters, etc.. etc.. I don't know where to begin! Also, read my first answer under my question for more details. Thank you!!

5

I have installed a Ready Remote Model # 23927. The remote starter works great. I only used the Remote Start Key Fob for the starting of my truck and used the factory key fob for the Arming and Disarming/Locking and Unlocking of my truck because it seemed fairly complicated to use the remote/key fob that Ready Remote has supplied. But I have recently lost (actually it was stolen) my factory remote/key fob that came with my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab 5.7L 4 wheel drive. I am now forced to turn the remote/key fob that Ready Remote has supplied as my main all-in-one remote/key fob for my truck. Which I prefer anyway because who wants to carry around excessive bulky remotes..? I have done TONS of research on the net, and I mean TONS!!! But know matter how close I seem to be getting the correct/needed instructions and info it's going to take to make my Ready Remote Lock/Arm and Unlock/Disarm my truck, I still don't know where to begin. There seems to be an endless amount of variables that I can't seem to come to an agreement with on if that's the route I need to take or not. For example: Neg or Pos Triggers, To use or not to use relays, Soldering in resisters with different ohms for locking vs unlocking...etc. etc.. This list goes "seems" to go on!! If you or anyone could be so kind as to point me in the correct direction and detailed instructions on how to do this...??? It seems as if I am maybe complicating things for the fact that all I am really doing is switching remotes/key fob from my factory to the new Ready Remote remote/key fob. I know that technically it's all already wired for this and is ready to go but, I will be using the Ready Remote circuitry/control module or brain instead of the one that came with my truck but, I would think that the Ready Remote would be able to just communicate with the exisisting circuitry/control module or brain...? I don't even know anymore!! Please help me! Thank you!!

98,565

I know what your getting at, the information on the web is totally confusing, and if it is all correct you should be able to use it that way, but the vehicles computer system is programmed to see only one fob and that is the factory unit, so someday probably sooner than later you rig is going to fail to start and the security light will start to flash and you will need that factory fob to aid you in a disarm sequence. So I am going to suggest that you bite the bullet and get another factory fob and get it programmed for your truck first then move on with the other system cause your systems will always recognize the factory setting. Now as far as help getting the remote start system setup to what you want it to do, don't even mess with it, unless you have been trained in installing these systems, find a local supplier like car toys or someone like that and see if they can install it with everything you want it to do. HTH