lumina 2007 ecu,bcm,immoblizer with key replaced from other car.all items from single car and installed in my car.problem is it show security active data mismatched.is there any thing else should i remove from other car and install in my car for security data to match.all items in its orginal car working properly and starts the enigine but when installed in my car it show security massage data mistach.engine crank but wont start.plz guide me is some other device also which saves data.

60

Asked by Feb 08, 2016 at 01:56 PM about the 2001 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr STD Sedan

lumina 2007 ecu,bcm,immoblizer with key replaced from other car.all items
from single car and installed in my car.problem is it show security active dAta
mismatch.is there any other device which saves data which i have to remove
and install in my car.im sure all items i replaced are working coz car was in
running condition.i installed all items in my car its shows security
massage.when trying to start engine crank but wont start.plz help me guys i
even replace instrment cluster of other car still same massage i get.note all
items from single car removed and installed in my car

66,025

The lock and key cylinder with the key. There is a chip in the key.

60

Yes replaced this also.whole key set with immobolizer.but still same problem.

66,025

You may have to go to the dealer to have it reprogrammed.

60

I stay in

60

I

60

Sorry.i live in dubai.UAE here its too expensive to go to dealers.i am looking for cheap solution.

66,025

Hey I'm back, Let me try to find someone to help, I have a guy in mind, I'll see if he is on line. Also I'll see what I can find on this.

65,075

Did you change over the anti-theft module? The anti-theft module must recognize the transponder key. The anti-theft module then gives the ok to enable the starting, fuel, and ignition systems. On older models it's attached to the ignition switch (the part that the lock cylinder goes into). You may also have to change over the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) as well. HTH. -Jim

65,075

Is this vehicle a 2001 or 2007? A 2001 Lumina will have GMs VATS security system. Is there a visible chip on the key? -Jim

66,025

Its a 2007 Chevy Lumina, thanks Js.

65,075

You're welcome, Rowefast. Glad to help. - Jim

60

Its 2007 model.i thought anti theft is in ignition switch.can u guide me where anti theft device is located in my car.i changed bcm used parts shop guy told me pcm and bcm is same device in this car.it is in black color plastic box under steering im not sure its 2 in 1 or there r seprate devices bcm and pcm.thank u guys for helping

60

Car deosnt shows massage of anti theft nor immobolizer error.

65,075

Luminas made after 2001 were for export outside of the United States only. Your car may be different from U.S. cars. However the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) and BCM (Body Control Module) are two different units. The anti-theft module is different again and will be buried deep in the dash. It's not easy to find at all. This is done on purpose. Most likely it's in the center of the dash close to the firewall behind other components, wiring, etc. HTH. -Jim

60

Guys.changed only ecu reprogrammed it now problem

60

Guys.changed only ecu reprogrammed it now problem is that (1)key remote wont respond.when i open door manually by putting key door opens car alarm start until i put key in ignition alarm switch off and antitheft light get away.(2)car crank but wont start check electric in coils all coils firing tested by putting spark plug in all coils 1 by 1 all wotking fine.checked injectors all injectors spraying petrol while cranking engine.guy please help all things that make car start r working fine then what will b ptoblen that car crank but not start.

66,025

Ok, hey, hows it going? Still troubles I see. Question I have is how do you know that the injectors are spraying fuel? And another thing we are having a problem with is like what Js08016 had mentioned is the Chevy Lumina wasn't made for resale here in the U.S.A. after 2001. You have an aftermarket 2007 Chevy Lumina wich is quite a span of years. I ask on how you know the injectors are supplying fuel, because if they were, and you have spark, it would fire up & run.

60

I removed manifold.there is petrol pipe where all 6 injectors are attached. sorry dont know what we call that pipe.so i removed that pipe in which injectors were plugged,told a guy to try to start the engine while he was starting enigine i was looking injectors saw all injectors spraying. Before this i tested all injectors electric test with tester same way.all injectors getting power supply was sure by seeing blink in tester.then i thoght may b injectors faulty.

66,025

Good morning, I think hopefully things are looking up on this problem. You have spark & you have fuel & power to the injectors. All good, eliminates the security system for now. So when you removed the manifold, what does it look like inside? Is it all black, carbon-ed up inside there? Any signs of fuel leakage? Sounds like you need to do a fuel pressure test, and a fuel pressure bleed down test so we can verify if there are any problems there. If you would like, If needed I can send pictures of things we are talking about, mail me back & I will have yours....ruohomaki.ron@hotmail.com

60

Thank u soo much brother.i

66,025

I sent you some e-mails. Just so you know it is 7:30AM here where I am at, the sun is starting to come up.

60

How r u Brothers.i took car to chevy service center they told me timming chain has broken its better to change engine.anyways i then shifted the car to my friends garage to change the engine.problem

60

Problem is that i found a used engine in perfect shape with replacing gurantee.but my engine model is (10HBP) made in 2007 and i found engine with model (HBN) made in 2008.both engines looking same from top to bottom 100%.i just want to know before buying that this is a big difference or its not a issue.used car guy told me there is no difference my engine made is 2007 and this im going to buy is 2008 thays y model number differ.thank u guys for being soo kind and helpfull.

66,025

Sounds like a go. Best of luck for you.

60

Engine changed now car is working perfect.thank u guys.