how can i fix my cltch

Asked by May 28, 2014 at 10:36 PM about the 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4 Dr Turbo Sedan

when it heats up its hard to shift. First and second are hard to get in and out of. its like i
can't push the peddle hard enough its like i need to push it harder and I can't.

94,765

Have you checked the fluid level and color in the trans? How about the clutch fluid? is it full? This should have a syncroed trans, if everything is right you could shift without a clutch by just using engine speed variations to catch the next gear up or down, i use to do that in my celica.

i tried double clutching too and it don't work.Its always hard to shift but when it warms up its even harder and starting to stick like i can't get it out

94,765

Lets try to narrow this down a little, try this: make sure you are in the open, nothing to hit or run over, pull the ignition fuse or if just a single coil unplug coil, put trans in first gear and crank engine with clutch in, does car try to move? If so the clutch is not releasing fully, could be a bad clutch slave cylinder, warped flywheel or pressure plate. If it doesn't try to move then there is a problem inside the trans, possible bad syncros. Hope this helps. Remember to put it back together.