Okay so if i installed this aftermarket radio in my
dodge and the radio never goes off but just displays the
time nothing else would this kill my battery bad its not
big just a regular head unit
Yes, it will slowly run down the battery.
Most radios have two power feeds. One that is on all the time to keep the clock and station presets and the second, that's switched through the ignition switch. The switched power feed shuts down the actual radio and display. Sounds like you have the power feeds mixed up. Double check the wiring and the wiring diagram that came with your new stereo. I'm sure it's a quick simple fix. BTW, Bob is right, it will kill the battery the way it's wired up now. HTH. - Jim
Search Dodge Dakota Questions
Dodge Dakota Experts