I am getting vibration from 25 mph to 55 mph in the drive train. When shifting to a lower gear going down a steep road I get a clunk. Sounds like U joints but they don't look loose. When I turn the drive shaft that is in front of the transfer case I hear a noise in the transfer case. Can U joints be bad but still appear tight? Can a transfer case be rebuilt like other components?

Asked by Mar 11, 2016 at 03:11 AM about the 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 4 Dr Tahoe LT 4WD SUV

I have a 1994 S10 Blazer.  It is a four wheel drive with the push button selector.  Last hunting season I noticed that when I was in 4 wheel drive and  I shifted down to keep my speed down on the mountain roads I was getting a clunk.  Now, it is vibrating from 25 to 55 mph when I am just in drive.  The vibration stops when I go faster, or when I take it out of gear.  It is definitely in the drive train.  I thought it was a U-joint, but when I check them all 4 seemed tight to me.  I turned the front drive shaft by hand and noticed some noise in the transfer case.  Is there a kit to rebuild this component?  Can the U-joints look godd but still be bad?

5,955

motor mounts~ and transmission mounts too~ with a prybar see how easily they separate...or with a floor jack and block of wood jack the motor up and see what happens to the mounts...if they stay true or decide to have a mind of their own~