1994 s10 blazer dies on left turns

Asked by Aug 06, 2015 at 02:56 AM about the 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 4 Dr Tahoe LT SUV

I have a 1994 s10 blazer. with the 4.3L vortec. engine runs like a dream. but it dies on left turns. only left turns. it is driving us nuts trying to figure out how to fix it. we have put in a new distributor with module and crank sensor. new plugs and plug wires, and several other things I'm probably not remembering at the moment. what it is, when driving, if I turn left and give it gas, it lugs down then dies. if I'm turning left but sort of let it coast out on its own momentum, then when is straighten the wheel and give it gas, its fine. but turning left and giving it gas, will kill it every time. some days its more sensitive and dies on slight left turns, some other days it works better. but this is driving me crazy and I need this fixed. anyone have any ideas? thanks a lot in advance

Aye wolfhunter. I am having the same problem so I am excited to see a post thats been made this this year. Same vehicle as yours. I have the same problem. The vehicle has been surging when turning the wheel to the left, even in park! 9 months later of procrastinatiion, it finally died when I was turning left out of a parking lot spot. my engine is a beater, its had a lifter knock for years lol. I've replaced one of the distributor wires, as we are sea level and fog sometimes rolls in, and will corrode the metal connecters of the distributor wires. I've always felt like the problem was coming from one of the wires connecters connected to the power steering unit? Im not sure though.. This is my first day researching the problem... It needs to be fixed, Its stressful and dangerous. anyway hows your turnout been??

Your problem is either in the steering column or the ignition switch

If its a 1984 2.8 naturally asperated v6 then Its your Carburetor , im a 35 year retired master tech/shop owner in wa state "THOMAS'S FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, I had that problem put a new carb on problem solved runs like a raped ape doesn't shut off on left corners anymore.

Be careful where you buy a reman, most places don't do a full rebuild and only half ass it, then your back at square one again, do your homework

If it was in the steering column or ignition then it would die while idling and just turning the wheel in park, but it ONLY does it while driving and turning left, floatbowl pin getting stuck in the corners cutting the fuel flow off momentarily, starts right back up and resumes AFTER the corner lol. CHANGE YOUR CARB YOU'LL BE HAPPY YA DID.

1994 S10 BLAZER HAS FUEL INJ...WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE?..Steering BOX?

I have the same problem with a 1994 s10 blazer...has not stalled yet but loses power after I make a left hand turn.There is play in my steering box and has a slight leak..Thanks!