No start condition need answers please help.

10

Asked by Nov 24, 2016 at 03:56 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 4 Dr Tahoe LT SUV

Vehicle SUV  1993 Chevy Blazer LT Tahoe
(S-10)  V6 4.3L Vortec .  Symptoms · Engine
cranks but doesn't start. (doesn't even try to
start, no-sputtering while cranking). Engine
is acting as tho it's not getting fuel.
Parts confirmed in good working order & or
changed for new parts.
All 6 Plugs -new
All 6 Wires -new
Coil -new,  Cap -new & Rotor -new.
Ignition Control Module Tested - Good
Pickup-Coil (under Rotor) Tested - Good
All Fuses and Relays are working.
Fuel Pump - New
Fuel Filter - New
Fuel Injector (spider) completely
disassembled cleaned & replaced all O-rings
Fuel Pressure Regulator - New
All Fuel Lines Ports & Intake cleaned out in
case of any clogged up lines or ports. - Good
Still No Start Condition. I'm now at a stand
still I even had it tested for any codes and
there were no codes, none. I thought the
problem might be something like the crank
sensor but if it was that wouldn't that show
up as a code? I'm not sure where to go from
here. If anyone can help please comment.
Thank you.. Robert..

6,355

Spray some quick start in the carburator and see if it starts for a bit, if it does, it's fuel related issue. Check fuel pressure. If it doesn't, check for spark at the spark plugs. One of these has to be missing. If it starts with quick start and it shows you have fuel pressure, the injectors are not opening and that can be caused by a bad crank sensor. If still doesn't start, do a compression test. If everything looks good, check the catalytic converter, it might be plugged up

10

lrodri911 - Thank you for your response and advice. The blazer has 1 fuel injector (The Spider) The wierd thing is. That it will temporarily start when spraying starting fluid in the throttle body. And I've traced the fuel up to the spider. The fuel stops there doesn't go pasted the fuel injector. It has 6 small hoses to the ports fuel doesn't come out of those hoses.

10

The center piece of the spider is a solonoid is that correct? Is that correct? I've been told that might be the problem. The only thing is.. It's not sold individually. The whole thing is sold as one and costs $269.99 at O'Reilly's.

695

Stick or auto/I am sure auto.give me 2 small (sep) shotsof starter fluid.let me know what you hear.and whst happens.if it starts keep it goung 6 minutes.

6,355

Ok if it starts when you spray quick start, then the computer is not sending signal to injectors, since you said there's fuel pressure. Replace crank sensor

6,355

First check to see if there's voltage to the solenoid in the center, if there's voltage and doesn't spray fuel, then it's the solenoid but check it to make sure

64,805

As for the spider injector assembly, just replace it. They're very troublesome. Be sure you get the newer designed unit which is much better and more reliable. HTH. -Jim

10

I can't thank u enough for the feed back. I will replace the crank sensor tomorrow. The center piece in the "spider" fuel injector (solenoid) has a 2 wire harness I checked the wires with a test light one is hot and one is ground. The hot wire is getting power and I tested the ground wire with the test light. Put the alligator clip of the test light on the positive terminal of the battery and touched the negative wire on the harness of the solenoid in the "spider fuel injector" and the test light did light up. So both wires are good and the unit is getting power and ground.

10

SUV 1993 Chevy S10 Blazer LT Tahoe 4.3L Vortec 4D 2WD Automatic Transmission

17,905

You see the clean spot on the passenger side of that intake? It's not supposed to be clean. Unless you did it, that's an indication of the regulator leaking. These injectors will not fire anything below 50psi. To properly test the system you need a fuel pressure gauge to test for pressure and see if it holds that pressure. You've already go the Spider injector so you might be good, if that doesn't work go get a fuel pressure gauge