my truck a/c unit been running perfect for 3yrs. all of a sudden started blowing hot air. A Pressure shows high over charged. what could be wrong

Asked by Jun 29, 2013 at 01:07 AM about the 2002 Chevrolet S-10 2 Dr LS Standard Cab LB

Have you varified that your compressor is engaging. The pressure you are reading could be the pressure from the compressor being equalized...did you recently add refrigerant to your truck?????

My compressor is engaged, its doing what its suppose too. Also, no I have not put freon in. I was, but like I said before the pressure is very high. I am slowly dying in this heat. Pls try to help.....

ok have no fair under dog is here: I will try to help you, first thing we have to confirm that the compressor is realy on, have someone turn the ac control on and off while observing the gauge while doing this, your gauge should respond when on gauge should go down, in the off position the gauge should go up and equalilze. varify that and get back for further instruction.

ok confirmed compressor is really on!!!! now what

try evacuating the system bring pressure down to range in the green or 31 psi, before doing all that make sure that your cabin air filter is clean, also give the condenser coil a bath with a mild liquid soap hose it down throughly.. simple green works perfectly, before evacuating do those two steps first, its just process of elimination, check your before and after discharge temperator with a thermometer. we are almost there, let me know how you are making out.

Coil is clean pressures are at 34 psi still blowing hot what next . ?