I have a 2000 Chevy S10 that will not start checked fule filter to see if stoped up.Was not. then check fire it got fire but very little. then batter went low and would not turn over so canit be that the batter? I also tryed to jump off and that helped but still would not start.What could be the problem?

50

Asked by Feb 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM about the 2000 Chevrolet S-10 2 Dr STD Standard Cab LB

I have a Chevy S10 that will not start check fuel filter,It seemed ok then checked fire,it did fire but only one time then battery went down and I had to jump off then it turned over plenty but would not start and still acted as if is not getting fuel or fire ? So what could be wrong?

685

i've been having a lot of fueling issues with my s10 as well. there are 3 things which often go awry with these trucks, the fuel pump and it's ground wire, the spider unit, and the poppet injectors. first, hook a fuel pressure guage up to the schreader valve on the main fuel feed, if your pressure from one click into the run position is less than 55 PSI, you likely have a bad pump/ground. if not, tear into that manifold and inspect your spider unit for severe signs of wear and while you're under there look at the injectors as well. this is all assuming you have done a thorough troubleshoot of the ignitions system, but there haven't been many common spark issues.

50

Where is the spider unit located ? When I tried to start it it turned over, it only fired one time and it wasnt a good spark.

1,775

Ok lets go back t the basics,You need fuel and a spark,right. This is what I would do.Spray some starting fluid into the top of the intake where the flap is under the plastic tube that connects to the air filter.Put it back together and try t start the engine.If it try's to run or fire,then you have a fuel problem.If it doesn't then you could have an ignition problem.Then I would have the ignition module checked.

685

fueling issue for sure. check your fuel pressure first, MUST be 55+ and if it is, the spider unit is located inside of the intake manifold.

10

You need a fuel pressure gauge to accurately diagnose a fuel issue. Do not assume it is indeed fuel unless you have the proof. While turning the key have a helper just rap the bottom of the fuel tank if it starts up you need another fuel pump. And do not install an after market one. You'll have way to many issues with them. Also have you done a tune up? Those distributor caps are junk. Can be bad right out of the box (First hand experience). So check wires, cap and rotor as well. If it goes deeper you might want to run away from it. I have one right now that is burning up ICM's voltage to high on ICM input white wire. So it can be many things.

i know ima sound like an idiot but where is the intake manifold? im trying to locate the canister purge solenoid to replace it because my check engine light is on. had it checked and was told its the solenoid.

10

Intake manifold is right in front of you on the top of the engine. The throttle body is mounted to it with the hose from air breather attached to that. The purge solenoid is on the passenger side held down by 2 ten millimeter bolts. And if memory serves me the connector to it is red. this is for the 4.3 Votec.

this sounds like a problem i recently had. it would crank but not turn over, i also had fire. it turned out to be the rotor and fuel distributer. with labor it ran me $671. have a diagnostic done then come back and tell me if you have the same problem i did.

i replaced my solenoid, drove 150 miles after everyone kept saying i had to in order to have the codes reset. when i got home the light is still on.

I have a 2003 Chevy S10 LS 4x2 V6 4.3 Liter Extended Cab. I just recently had to replace the rotor, intake manifold gaskets, the radiator, and all 4 of my shocks. Just a little advice to be aware of these things. If your check engine light comes on we usually think its the gas cap. It could also be purge solenoid. I replaced the solenoid,drove 150 miles to reset it and my light still stayed on. After I replaced the manifold gaskets the light turned off and stayed off. So check for a front gaskets leaks. Also,my tire size is 205/75R15 as may be to many of your trucks but if you want to put bigger tires,check to see if you can have 255/60R15 like I will be doing soon enough.

Tires I will be purchasing.

80

My 2000 S10 wouldn't start and it ended up being the body ground over by the starter

80

I was stumped on that for about 2 months

No arranca la camioneta ya le cambie la bomba de la gasolina los sensores del crankcha