where is radiator bleeder valve in 2001 chevrolet cavalier

50

Asked by Jul 10, 2014 at 12:19 AM about the 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Base

I just noticed my car is leaking antifreeze out hose of over flow tank we changed lower
radiator hose and thermostat it stopped pushing out coolant until the car got warm
enough  but we also noticed the fan isnt coming on so we changed cooling sensor fan
still isnt coming on but when we hooked it up straight to battery fan came on immediately
how do we get fan to come on like its supposed to with out hooking it up to battery

61,275

Check fan relay under hood in fuse box.

50

We did that and its good we also replaced cooling sensor still isnt working and since the fan isnt coming on its getting hot and pushing coolant out I was also wondering how to bleed it because we changed radiator hose and thermostat and I wad reading that you have to bleed to get air out of system for it to run properly

20

On my 1996 Cavalier the bleed screw is on hard hose that runs across the front of engine just to the right of the oil cap\spout. It is a small square shaped fitting and can be loosened with a pair of pliers. I have read different versions of bleeding; with engine off and vehicle pointed down hill loosen bleed valve, remove expansion tank cap and pour coolant into tank you will see fluid coming out of valve when steady stream tighten valve keep pouring coolant until it reaches the full cold line then replace cap. I also read to do this when engine is cold at an idle. I have done the engine off version and will try the engine idle version in the morning as my coolant is below the line again. BUT if fluid shoots out of the tank when engine is cold and at idle this means a definite blown head gasket. Good luck to us all!!