Whats Wrong with my Clutch ( I Think)

15

Asked by Jan 14, 2012 at 09:53 PM about the 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe

Hi, I just bought from a friend a 2001, Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 with the 2.4 5 speed manual (great little car)

My problem look like the opposite of having to bleed the Clutch.

Basically i only need to use the first 1-2" of the pedal never have to press more then that. and if i do it just doesn't do anything.

Everything work well, no weird noise, transmission shift well.

I already change a Clutch in the past (Jetta 91' and Ranger 94') so i can get arround stuff even if i dont know much.

So if someone would let me know if its normal or just a sport chlutch or maybe an adjustement would be great

its a hydrolic clutch,eather the clutch master,located on firewall,is bad or low on dot 3 brake fluid or the slave cylender is going bad.the system may just need bleeding.

15

I knew then when you have to push the clutch all the way it need bleeding, but i didn't know that when you just start pressing and the clutch react like ur all the way down was the same issue.

YES,if youre only useing top of clutch,& looseing it on bottom,one of above listed,when in nutural clutch released,do you here like a rattle noise and goes away when clutch is enguadged,that is a bad release bearing,also could be the pressure plate is going bad,if it were me,i would replace clutch,PP,and all above listed.what you have going on is not right.good luck.

15

Thanks i will order a new cluch kit in the next few week.

let me know how it goes,rember its a hydrolic clutch ,

15

not too sure i want to do it myself, everyone look to complain about its not an easy one.

its not a bad job,if you have acc to a lift or garadge pit,4 hours tops.laying on your back,car on jack stands,8 to 10 hours.

15

I got access to a every tool u imagine except a lift or a . My father in law is a Mac Tools Distributor so tool are fine but i'm stuck working on my back. 8 to 10 hours sound not too bad. as long i can finish it in a week end i will be happy. gonna look around if i can find a shop that's ready to do it for 200$ i would be happy to pay