oem aftrmarket brake line to chassis clips

70

Asked by Apr 24, 2014 at 01:48 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet S-10 3 Dr LS Wide Stance 4WD Extended Cab SB

okay ,next question 99 -03  s-10 zr2s. I need new/aftermarket clips that hold the abs wheel speed sensor cable(wire to the a-arm and frame) just in front of the arm. chevy dealer can only get one of them for 7 dollars each from another third party vendor.the other has been discontinued according to the dealer...... my question is can I get them cheap from any other  distributor/vendor  that any of you know about? I found all the generic ones on ebay and rock auto ,but none of them are close to the factory fit/design. thanks for any help in directing me to the right place/parts. later

13,605

Have you tried Summit magazine or even a pick a part junk yard?

Best Answer
70

okayyyy? ,not sure if this is the way for me to reply or not ,but here goes. I ended up finding a couple of the clips/clamps/holders at a junk yard. but? the others I ended up making out of get this- believe it or notripley- wall stud protectors from a local zettlers hardware store. yep:) ended up using them because they were the exact right thickness and bendable/malleable to make a copy of the rusted out clips I took off the truck. I made a paper copy of the clip then traced it onto the flattened wall stud protecter. then I clamped the piece to a 2x4 and drilled and cut it to shape and then bending it around a 1/4" drill bit shaft hammering it into shape. then I drilled it through with a 5/16" drill bit . after this I scuffed it up and sprayed it with duplicolor rust fix and let dry, then sprayed it with duplicolor flat black paint. it took about a hour to get the part cut and formed .to look exactly like the ones in the pictures.except new of course. : ) then I made the other less complicated ones that had no tang/tab for the hole in the A arm. the simplest clip I made holds the abs cable to the Arm and was bolted onto the ball joint and was cut to seat against the ridge on the casting where the grease fitting backing plate is pressed into the balljoint. just thought I would pass on my little experience with finding/making the frame clips I needed for the abs sensor cable. later.