i have a 98 s10 cranks no start

20

Asked by Feb 15, 2015 at 10:05 PM about the 1998 Chevrolet S-10 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

truck just got new fuel pump new coil plugs wires cap and rotor no codes and no pending
codes and no recent codes hoped a cirb three days ago in snow but yesterday i parked it
at my girls house and i come out 5 hours later and all it does is crank cant hear fuel pump
kick on and i replaced fuel pump relay did nothing tested the ignition moduel and it tested
fine i dont know what the problem is? please help

10,380

check for spark and see if fuel is coming in from the injectors.

195

I have fuel an spark but still nothing i put starting fluid in still nothing fuel pump works an still nothing help please now

195

Help please someone please be awake an help me

10,380

Check fuel pump relay, ecm (computer) relay. It is not impossible that you got a bad fuel pump. If you can, have the fuel pressure tested. Even if there is fuel coming out, it must have the correct pressure.

10,380

You should get something with starting fluid. Although, if you do that again, use Carb cleaner. It won't wash away lubricants like starting fluid. Is the spark good and blue? If it is white, it is weak if that is the problem it is something in your ignition. Not impossible you got some bad parts there too I am afraid.

10,380

You could also test your compression if it is low in all cylinders then you could have a bad timing chain. This will cause exactly your problem. Lots of fuel, lots of spark, but nothing firing at the right time. Hope that's not it!

20

How do i check for fuel and i realized this morning my ecm1 fuse was popped i replaces it and it didnt help

10,380

There are lots of you tube videos on how to test your fuel pressure. You will need a pressure gauge or have someone else do it.

60

I had the same problem but was able to figur it out relatively quickly for others seeking this info. (I know this is an old thread) Cranks but no start, added gas, still no start. Poured gas into intake, fired and ran until gas ran out. Bought fuel pressure tester, tested at 45 on rail but bled to zero in less than a minute. Bought fuel pump and pressure regulator to replace. Reaplced both, pressure held fine but still no start. Hooked code scanner up and pulled history, and injectors were disabled by passlock. Followed procedure for passlock reset and fired right up. You can test the pressure from the pump without having to replace the regulator and the pump if you have the right connectors (i didnt)