Hydraulic clutch

20

Asked by Sep 20, 2015 at 04:00 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet S-10 2 Dr LS Extended Cab SB

Having problems with dash lights
engaging when clutch is pushed
down or released. Is this electrical?
Also hear sounds like arcing? Or
clicking noise. Clutch is tight. No
fluid under neath. Mystery to this
unmechanical driver. Does not do it if
I ride the clutch a tiny bit after
shifting. No problem with clutch
before, and no problems getting into
gears.

97,095

There is a spot where the dash wiring contacts the dash support crossmember on the drivers side, if it has rubbed trough the wiring wrap and the wire insulation that is where your trouble is, the only relation to the clutch is the movement of the clutch pedal, I had to completely replace a dash harness on one of these rigs due to that problem, so slid under the dash and start looking there.

20

Uh...non mechanical means non mechanical lol. But I rely on you guys to keep dishonest repairmen from taking more of my hard to come by money, than they deserve. So I thank you. One time I knew I needed brakes and I had a friend tell me how many miles I had left on the pads till it was absolutely necessary I replace them ( didn't have the funds). Went to a big chain tire place who tried to tell me I was going to ruin my rotors and when I told him he was full of crap, his face got red and he was not a happy camper! So thanks for your advice!