I recently replaced my fuel pump and filter started right up and ran fine I turned it off and now it won't start

250

Asked by Aug 06, 2013 at 05:54 PM about the 2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4-Door 4WD

...again it's the ground connection...the 1/0 cable that connects to your chassis/frame...wirebrush the lug and chassis...bolt 'em back together and realize full potential of your battery (such as it is)~ 5 year old battery=TOO old~!

250

I got good ground but no fuel to test port

did you march it on back and remove the access cover where you get to the fuel pump electrical connections and see if you've got 12 volts with the ignition in the "on" position?

you might have a dead fuel pump...that is to say if it went off....and NEVER came back on we should replace it~

if you ran it without gasoline for ANY length of time---it'd be toast too~

Do you have spark? Ecm communication? If you bought a cheap autozone ect pump most likley is your issue new in the box doesnt always guarantee it works the chinese dont spend alot of time on quality control. Bang on tank bottom while cranking and see if pump runs. If not test fuel pump relay rh fire wall under hood

..but if power is not getting through to the pump we should look to the fuel pump relay....it might be the one who's toast right now~

Passenger side just under wiper cowling is where relay is located

250

I can here it prime but no gas and there is gas in the tank

Ok loosen line to fuel filter input side do not completely disonnect if there is fuel present at input side of filter and none on output side filter is plugged

Watch your eyes fuel system will spray quite a ways

NO gas...and you were putting voltage to the new pump...dang~

250

I did the fuel filter test but still no gas coming from the pump I can here the gas moving but none coming out

well you've gotta have a couple four or so inches of gas for the pump to be fully immersed for it to Prime up and give you any output~

Output hose on pump is detached did you set the clamps (plastic) really tight. The small rubber hose between sender and pump. Let me know if im right will you?

could be right, tom...is suckin' air~

250

I just put 5 gallons in and still nothing

250

Yes I will

If you can hear pump run and dripping fuel inside tank output line is off had it happen to me on a silverado

Best Answer Mark helpful
250

You are 100percent correct thank you very much

Cool glad i could help sucks you had to go to all that trouble

250

I got it running and now have no power to the pump

Fues and relay good?

250

Yes where is the fuel and oil pressure switch located

10

I had a bad fuel meter body(they main part of the spidrr injection) took off throttle body,upper air intake plenum and spider injection out, remoned injectors and replaced o rings on injector poppetts. Put injectors into new fuel meter bosy reassembled intake and throttle body plugged in all connctor. Truck crunk up and ran fine for several minuts, cut it off and now wont start acta like its getting any gas. The schader valve squirts hos

135

So I have a new mechanical fuel pump and filter I put in my car yesterday, I drove around town went to a store came back outside after 30 mins car started with no problem. So today the car started right up with no problem 6 mins later it just completely shut off. They key still turn over but the car still won't crank, I put gas into the carburetor and it started up fine then shut back off! Too off the fuel line where the filter is located on the carb and the line was blowing fine when I had my friend turn the key over. What could be wrong with it because I have no idea?

30

I have a 98 Chevy blazer I replaced the fuel pump in it ran great for a week 4 days a go I went to start my truck it fired died fired died etc. got it to start ran like crap I put it to the floor wouldn't go pasted 3000rpms got home next damn same thing ran the same third day it wouldn't start rolled over but no fire replaced coil pack new spark plug wires disputer cap rotor and fuel  filter but wont fire I haven't check pressure I put gas in throttle body starts up but dies and I cant figure out what is going on please help