i got a new radiator for my 2001 chevy blazer and the old radiator has a port for a hose that the new one doesn't have and now i have a hose with no port to go into. why are they different?

10

Asked by Mar 19, 2014 at 12:16 PM about the 2001 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS 4WD

222,595

Is it just one or two ports/hoses? Do you have an automatic transmission?

222,595

There are 2 different radiators available for your vehicle, one with a standard trans, one with an automatic.

10

it is an automatic transmission. i have only the one hose that doesn't connect but it occurred to me that the person who took out the old one might have disconnected it from something else to make room to work and it doesn't go to the radiator maybe?

222,595

Depending on your vehicle, I see you can purchase a seperate radiator if it has a trans cooler and or engine oil cooler. Not sure how your vehicle is set up. Usually there are 2 lines, one in and one out for the cooler to work correctly. Did the old radiator only have one port and not 2? There should be one connection at the top and one on the bottom of the radiator neckt/fill side.

10

it has those. i think the old radiator that i was looking at wasn't the original one, the person who worked on my car left two and then i got a new one. it has the right number of ports, i have double, triple, and quadruple checked and i'm pretty sure it's the right radiator but i still have this hose that isn't connected. is it possible it was connected to something else and got disconnected when the old one was taken out?

222,595

I can't be sure based on the info you provided, pictures of the hose in question would help.

What is the motor looking thing under the radiator with a hose hooked to it, its a 2000 chevy blazer & we dont know where the hose hooks up or what the part is its hooked to.

These are vacuum hose connections. One goes over to the canister and the other is blocked off. Don't know if it should go to the carburetor or where. Is this a vacuum supply that should go up to the top of the engine? This a 4 cylinder with auto transmission. The