Advice anyone please? Blazer dying when coming to a stop like at stop lights. check engine light has been on for some time, code reads too much air in fuel system. changed the fuel filter, it was very

Asked by Apr 12, 2010 at 08:10 PM about the 2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4-Door 4WD

clogged, then put Lucas fuel system cleaner in, next day blazer kinda coughed and spit then the check engine light turned off and blazer ran excellent for about a week. now all a sudden it dies at stops. idle is excellent when sitting still and runs good down the highway. it does not cut out or bog down, no rough idle or anything. just flat out dies when i stop at a light, does not even idle down first, just cuts off and dies. can hear fuel pump kick on when i turn the key on. any ideas?

I dont know exactly what you mean by "too much air in fuel system" I'd image that you're talking about LEAN codes, in which the engine control module reads the 02 sensors and they say the engine is running lean (too much air, not enough fuel) so I suspect it's adjusting the fuel trim up so that it over-fuels to the point of flooding and stalling....First I would check fuel pressure (just because a pump is running doesnt mean the fuel pressure is correct...and GM is known for its shitty fuel pumps).Drive it with a fuel gauge on it and observe the fuel pressure when it dies.... I would also check for a vacuum leak...intakes are common, so are vacuum lines and there is vacuum pot for the 4wd that should be checked for cracks/leaks as well. also check and make sure the MAF sensor is cleaned...I reccomend having a technician check the MAF sensor for cleanliness, as they are easy to break the resistors and expensive to replace...hope this helps! FR GM master tech