i have a 1991 s10 with feul pump issues is it more than 1 way to install a new one w/o dropping my tank and if not please walk me through this dreadful process i dont know much about machanics thanx i

5

Asked by Nov 27, 2011 at 03:05 AM about the 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab RWD

help me

45

one make sure its not just a fuse you blew cuz thats wat happened to mine, but you can also take off ur box its only 4 or 6 bolts,

125

I swapped the bed on my truck over the summer because I was doing body work. Start off by spraying the bolts with WD-40 or PB blaster repeatedly over the course of a couple days. Then I believe there are eight bolts that hold it onto the frame. When you are loosening the bolts, if one starts to get really tight as you loosen it, tighten it maybe two turns then loosen it three. This will help prevent you from snapping any of the bolts.

125

oh and don't forget to disconnect the tailights with it

first thing you want to do is unhook the battery,best way is remove the bed,it can be off in a hour then everything is acc.first check the ECM fuse,if it is blown the FP wont work.

20

hey .. i would pull the bed .. it is the easiest way .. there are 6 15 mm bolts in the bed and the 13 mm ground bolt for the taillight harness ground . left side inside of the frame rale.then you you just have to unplug the taillight in the same area and undo the gas filler neck screws.. 2 to 3 people can lift a empty the bed off .. of course it it has a camper shell or other mods it could be a little different ..then removefule lines and the snap ring or turn the lock with a hammer and a punch .I can't remember what year they change how the lock works on the tank to hold the pump in. you can do it in about 2 hours .. i changed mine by myself ..i used a cherry picker and a H frame to lift the bed off . i have had both body styles apart off the frame several times .. if you have any questions ..feel free to ask ..be glad to help.

My 01 s10 extended cab short bed had 6. per rail 15 millimeter bolts on each side of the bed I took all of them except the last two at the tailgate I took them three quarters of the way out and left them in a quarter of the way so the bed would stay on the truck I put a floor jack on the ground used a 4x4 and jacked up the front of the bed the fuel pump took about 20 minutes and was very easy to exchange. Don't forget to take the 3 Torx head bits out of the filler cap on the gas tank..