My car stopped while I was driving on the freeway, I could not accelerate

Asked by Jan 26, 2016 at 02:00 AM about the 1999 Honda CR-V EX AWD

So I drove home from work, going about 70 miles on the Highway and
suddenly the gas pedal didn't get any speed anymore until the car died and
I moved it over to the side. I was able to turn it on again after a couple of
minutes and 3 minutes later it did that again. I have a Honda CRV 1999
manual transmission. I called AAA and they towed me home. An hour later
it drives again but I can't take the risk of going back on the freeway until it is
fixed. No check engine light on, just did an oil change last month.

I am no expert in CR-V, but I had had the same problem with an old van, many years ago. So if: -the engine is running well by itself and also at low speed/load AND -it does not accelerate or keep a high speed (but it does not stop, or stops but you can restart it) ...then it is something about the fuel circuit. Most likely (and cheapest) is the fuel filter, partially clogged. It can only supply a limited flow. It can also be about the fuel lines, but if the filter is Ok, there is no reason those are clogged. The fuel pump might be also at fault, not enough fuel pumped. While writing these lines I realized you did not specify where do you live/drive. If it happened to you while it was freezing outside probably you have water in the tank, that turned into ice and clogged the pump/filter/pipes. Standing a while the heat from the engine spread under the car and melted the ice. If you drive in cold air, it will happen again. Buy some fuel additive that eliminates water ( a few $) and pour it into the tank.