I have a 98 honda crv just install rebuild head on the motor run Fine at idle as soon as I put the gas pedal to the floor it die.i have good spark good fuel pressure timing is right valve is right.

30

Asked by Oct 27, 2014 at 09:12 PM about the 1998 Honda CR-V EX AWD

Good gas go map sensor I'm lost need help

70,155

If it idle,s good,recheck the vacuume line,s,and if that don,t fix issue,check the fuel pressure,may be weak pump,or stopped up filter.

Best Answer Mark helpful
30

It has good fuel pressure and the vacuums are good no leaks but it had bad gas in the tank I run it for 3 hours at idle with new clean gas after I drain the bad gas out and it still have a clogged fuel filter and still have good gas pressure?

30

Can it still have a clogged fuel filter with good gas pressure?

70,155

It has to hold at least 42 psi,all the time,if it doe,s not,it will not run.And yes filter will hold the pressure from it getting to injector,s.

30

The book calls for 30 to 36 psi at idle and 38 to 46 psi when u have the vacuum line off the fuel pump regulator and the hose pinched Close and I have that. I have 32 psi at idle and 40 psi before it die at full throttle so can the fuel filter still be clogged?

30

I check the fuel pressure on the fuel rail after the fuel filter

30

I can slowly creep the r

30

I can slowly creep the r p m up with it not dieing it will only die if I hit gas pedal to the floor

70,155

Its, starving for fuel,or your timing is off.

30

No it on I had a honda tech check it

70,155

Have to be fuel then,

30

It take a little bit to start the car after that it will start up fine I only drain the bad gas from the drain plug and put in premium gas U think fuel pump or filter is bad I don't have the money to take in to a shop

70,155

It still could be bad gas,but,may all so be pump.

30

I some one scan it and it's running very rich they rechecked timing and it's good it flood itself out. I replaced fuel filter and I should check to fine out y it's flooding itself out?

30

Sorry what should I check out ?

30

When I did the test on the fuel pressure regulator it was in specs So can it still be bad? All the guy said it was making it self very rich

70,155

Crank sensor,control,s gas flow to ecm to the injector,and if it,s not right will make it run rich,this may all so explain,it not running win at high rpm,s,,and under load.

70,155

Bad crank signal,flooding engine.

30

Bad crank signal Would u think that would set a code

30

If it was crank sensor was bad then the motor shouldn't start then?

70,155

Not exactly,bad crank sensor would give a signal,but at higher rpm,would loose it,and the ecm would make up for it by dumping fuel,because it don,t know where the rpm,s are at.This is what happen,s car is getting to much fuel,when you rev it up,but idle,s good,

70,155

This can be checked with a scanner,and if engine light is on,then this may be the problem.

30

Just scan it no code can I check the crank sensor with a scanner to see if it looses sign when I go straight to the floor with gas pedal before it die?

30

U can watch it go rich at idle on the scanner the guy said and here it miss little bit still can it be crank sensor?

70,155

Yes,but you would need it scanning when you give it gas,and when it act,s up,should show you.

30

Ok the crank sensor are ok and they try a different p c m on it and still doing the same thing u think the fuel pump can be reading the right pressure but not giving the right flow ?