while driving sometimes my engine stops steering and brake are not power assisted but Turning the engine on with the key immediately put everything back in order

Asked by Dec 15, 2013 at 10:20 PM about the 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Supercharged Convertible

I took my car to Ford they screwed around changing something on the engine for 900$,
but this did not help at all. I took it back, they changed some computer wire in the front , at
no charge , but it does the same thing. this happens infrequently but it is annoying , and
obviously  they have no idea what is wrong. I need an expert opinion. Where can I get it??
dr.holly@me.com

26,245

Ford's Technical Assistance Hotline. Take it back and demand that they fix it at their expense or refund your money. $900 is way too much money to pay to have someone not fix your car. I'm sure that there's a State agency that can help you get your car fixed. If the Ass-hats at that dealer can't figure it out - take it to one that hires real Technicians instead of parts changing Goobers. I've been a Ford Tech since 1987. Some guys are true to form Technicians and some are just parts-changers that get lucky. A Tech will do research and contact anyone he can that has expertise and experience. $900 for changing "something" on the engine? Like what?