Diesel 1992 F350 wont start if left overnight

10

Asked by Sep 15, 2016 at 11:46 AM about the 1992 Ford F-350 4 Dr XLT Lariat Crew Cab LB

The problem I'm experiencing is the truck wont start in the mornings or if
left parked for at least 12 hours. When left parked overnight it sometimes
turns a few times then stalls. I could only get it started if i hold down the gas
pedal and have the engine turn for a few minutes. Once it starts it starts
again quickly for the rest of the day.

Can someone help me identify the problem?

55

Do you have an engine block heater? If not, I suggest you get one, my friend. If diesel fuel is allowed to get cold, you're going to have issues with wax crystals forming in it, and that's going to cause you a whole mess of problems. If the block stays warm, so does the fuel system. And throw in some diesel fuel stabilizer in that tank every once in a while.

10

its summer now, you suggest i plug in the heater even now? What temperature is considered cold?