2002 Chevy tracker started shaking and rattling after start. More so in reverse.

Asked by Jul 29, 2014 at 02:00 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Tracker LT 4WD

I put a half tank of gas in my car yesterday morning at WaWa. I don't normally get gas
from there but it was on my way to my destination and I've gotten gas there before. I put
in 87 octane. My normal choice.  Drove it to a store and back home after and it was
running fine. Hours later I left to go to another store and when I came out to start my car
it started to shake and bucking. I instantly thought it was my battery seeing as I've
experienced the same thing happening when my battery died on me..twice. Which
proved to had been drained because of my alternator. But My battery seemed fine as my
windows were rolling up normal and my radio wasn't losing power. It wasn't difficult to
start and it wasnt overheated or steaming. I restarted it and it did the same thing...and the
service engine light started to struggle coming on cause it to appear as if was blinking but
then it remain steady..on. I then drove it a couple blocks to my next destination while
shaking and bucking althought it seemed not as violently as it was when parked.  I
reached my next destination and figured I'll let it sit awhile and hope that it starts.  Came
out later and there was no shaking. Seemed to start up fine but the engine light remained
on. I wasn't too concerned because I believe I have a glitch because my light comes on
and off on occasion. After another hour in the gym, I left. Started my car and drove it
home. (Taking the blvd instead) Car seemed to run fine. Except of course for the light
being on. Woke up this morning and drove it to my mothers house on the interstate. No
problems getting there. Engine light still on. 30 mins later I leave and the shaking and
rattling begins...not intense but still there. This time I notice that my service engine light is
blinking and then going steady. This has never happened, but I watch as I drive it back
home do this twice. I manage to make it home with the car settling back to a normal drive
home. I did research and I'm not sure if it's the gas or a misfire? I plan on driving it to a
job later but I'm nervous it will stop on the road. I can't get it checked until Thursday.
What is going in with my vehicle??

James Ramond

O2 sensors are going nuts compensating for the mixture. could be the change in the inferior fuel , or o2 sensor failing, code read at orallies or advance parts, some fuel cleaner in tank may help.