Engine for 2002 Ford F150 V8/4.6L

10

Asked by Jul 22, 2011 at 04:41 PM about the 2002 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab LB

Have a engive suppose to have locked down. Firestone was supposed to check it. Vehicle just stopped running. Set for about a year. Thought crankshaft sensor was out so put in new one.Was turning over just not starting before the sensor was put in. They when tried to start the electrical dash panel started to go haywire. Still no movment. When took to Firestone they did not put it on computer or open the engine and stated that fuel filter had been sucked up into engine and caused freeze up. Is any of this possible, and if not what can we do to fix. What size engine will fit if we have to buy new one?

first replace with a new battery,no way fuel filter can be sucked up into engine,you say it would turn over not fire,bad dis modgule.if seized up could be a spun rod bearing.question-will motor turn over now.

10

Papa, thanks for your reply. This is what I thought. I was raised by a mechanic so I was surprised when I heard this. Anyway, the motor will not start. I got a reply back from the guy today. He had another story today. He said that the filter was to small and it was blocking the air intake and therefore the crankshaft and the motor got hot and the oil got hot and the engine was hot so it just froze up. Doesn't oil and engines get hot. He said that the air was to much and caused the oil to dry out. The truck would have smelled hot and the lights would have come onI would think??? Before we took it to then the motor was turning over but wouldn't start. Just wondered if they did something and are coming up with all these stories to cover up something. Not any of them make sense????? I will show your reply to hubby tomorrow. I don't know what I am going to do as We have no income to get this truck fixed,put a new motor or even to have it towed again. Not to POOR ME but we are really having a hard time and can't borrow from anyone. Hubby needs the truck for his small lawn business which has tanked due to the heat here. .This is really costing us money we don't have.

10

1. Engine will not turn at all.2. The panel went haywire when I try to turn it one now.3. engine won't start but lights come on.4. The inside lights and outside lights won't turn off unless I take battery cable off.5.The Firestone people didn't do anything to the truck as far as we can tell. The engine shows no signs of examination. It is still dusty and no signs of hand prints or anything.I have checked the oil and it is clean and I have kept it maintained well. Do you have a copy of the engine lay out and parts so I can see the filter they say was sucked up into the engine? Can you copy and send just that part of manual? Last the ignition just clicks when I try to start it. It was never put on the computer to see what might be wrong. I did replace the Crankshaft sensor. After that it would not turn over at all. Then we took it to Firestone. Any Ideas other than what you gave me above.

this guy is giveing you a bunch of BS,NO filter can be sucked into engine,yes motor & oil gets hot thats normal.I would complain to Firestone manamagent about this,demand this guys story,threaten to go to court.if your truck was running when it was took into their shop and now is locked up,you have a case.the air intake and to small of a filter is bull.not put on computer to be scaned for problems,this guy is guessing and should be held liable for your truck.