F 150 will not start Plenty Battery do not here fuel pump run when turning key on

Asked by Jan 09, 2014 at 04:04 PM about the 2001 Ford F-150 Lariat Extended Cab 4WD LB

27,925

The fuel pump will only run for 3 seconds with the engine off. Most likely failure is the pump itself but....Check all of your fuses with a test light. Check your inertia (impact switch) too. Find it in the owner's manual

okay, assuming that you've already cleaned the main ground connection....battery to ground chassis...lug and chassis both, with a wirebrush am going to suggest that the inertia switch was tripped when someone tapped your bumper...it is located on the driver's side kick panel, or pull the kick panel back to get to the inertia switch....which I believe is what has happened...based on your complaint~

Best Answer Mark helpful
2,875

anything for some points huh judge lol

27,925

Actually, the Inertia Switch is in the RIGHT Kick Panel. Passenger's side. The 2 reasons for an inertia switch to prevent the fuel pump from running is a HARSH IMPACT or a failed fuel pump that has burned the Gold contacts within the switch (rare but possible). Smack the underside of the fuel tank a couple of times and see if it runs - sometimes a little jar to the fuel pump will let it run again for a while. NOTE: I said sometimes.

45

its most probably your fuel ignition

27,925

What's a "fuel ignition"?

2,875

wanna laugh tracy go and read the judges answers to all the topics he knows so much about.... some are not bad about 30% most are unreal...lol have fun!

27,925

Ha Ha! I fell for it. Oh yeah....Clean the ground terminal or some irreverent junk like that.

Are we here to help Leogary?....yes we are...at least one of us cannot mathematically determine the exactness of my responses....You'd have to assume 100 percent....achem a thousand percent of ALL automotive knowledge as my resident time-wasters will assert~ in short, there are rules that we all must obey to participate in this forum....bad things tend to happen when you ignore the rules...I'm just sayin'~

27,925

What? You get a hat in the mail?

no Tracy...sorry mate, just could not send one on account there were two faces in the avatar....the "dirty dozen" are a result of Henry in his fundraising attempts with a hat as a freebie when you donate fifty dollars to NPR...he was just being nice because I gifted the Office there a pound of Nueske's famous smoked bacon from Wittenburg, WI...perhaps if you'd be a little nicer to people and stuff, I'd have requested an address...but now they moved Henry in the organization...you could contact LISA...punch the orange bullhorn~ I think they sell them...you could ask~

you have lost some dignity and credibility is what has happened here...it does not take a panel of experts to discover that fact...big ole' meanie....what the hell, dell? you are an embarrassment to all happy people~

dude...switched because I was climbin' too fast...Tom Deyman gave me his endorsement for goin' ahead...have not touched the second identity at all check the date there and you'll see just how much full of crap you are~ changed from Bob because he's a real guy and did not want to embarrass anyone...although NUT-BAG there is NO getting through your recipe of hatred and despair~ Just admit it...I'm here to serve~...sadly you cannot relate to giving and generosity, but would succumb to intimidation and belligerence...get a clue~am always taken back to witness a good person being taken advantage of~ a thing that you would never realize with your narrow band of hatred....sorry for the dirty socks...but they seem to happen by themselves~

27,925

5 nights a week I get to repair and road test Police Cruisers. 5 nights a week! No B.S. No shortcuts. No Half A$$ed guessing. I'm a professional. Certified and tested. Trusted by an entire County of people to spend their tax dollars prudently while repairing and maintaining their fleet of Patrol cars. I AM A USEFUL, TRUSTED AND PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY. Can you say the same Judge_judy?

What are you pickin' on the judge for? a reliable battery to chassis ground is needed on EVERY car....if you run without this or an impaired connection, things will begin to fail....gonna start making fun of that? really~ Certainly am surprised by the number of points...how they keep comin' back to haunt us...and if sound advise produces another "helpful"~ ....they stack up and you are left with a "snowball effect" of ever increasing points~ You have to be NICE to people...especially you Tracy...always angry with everyone....try working as a SUNDAY mechanic with NO one to help you for a while without the supervision of the Police department.....seems a little closer to reality then havin' your orders BARKED out in such a certain length of time...sorry that you've gotten yourself into an unhappy situation...don't take it out on us, man~