Does anyone have any advice on the best way to sell my convertible? I'm afraid the nuts will come out of the woodwork once I post it.

Asked by Mar 14, 2014 at 05:23 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Convertible

We want to sell our Camaro z28 convertible this spring. It's a beautiful car, fun to drive,
but not real practical here in Minnesota. How can I advertise to reach the right audience,
and how do I avoid scammers? Thanks!

If you do decide to go with Craigslist, make sure you do NOT post your address (and ensure your home can't be seen in the background of photos too). My parents have sold cars on Craigslist before; there's ways to do it safely (meet at a safe place with lots of cameras, like a bank). YOU have control over who you meet once you find an interested party.

Karl Grimm

your car is worth $15,200 - $27,000

Think about eBay. That way the whole world can see it. And your wise to wait until spring.

John Carson

Spring time is when young high school kids are graduating. They will want Daddy to use the cream money to buy them a very nice car to take little Mary for a ride to the county fair later this summer when hay bailing is nearly over. While pitching bails or other stuff you have there in the dairy barns, (I did it also) they will want daddy to use the extra cream money and get them a cool car. What better that an older Z-28 that "has been professionally detailed" new tires and gone through by a professional mechanic that has given a detailed receipt of items checked and or repaired. Top dollar for a convertible to a young high school kid that wanting is a cool detailed looken, bitchen, car. Local paper will sell it or even word of mouth if you know any high school kids. Be seen driving it on cruse nights if you can get around the tractors. He, he!

I have had a lot of luck with Craigslist... but you are right that there will be a lot of people who are tire kickers as well as thought that make insulting offers... and always 'brokers' who want to get involved even though you click off the option to not be contacted by them... my take on it is that you will have to deal with that BS, but in teh long run, the little extra work is worth it so that you'll make a few more $$... On the flip side, if you're looking to sell because you're replacing it since you said it isn't practical for where you are, remember that most stated give you a tax benefit for trade in, so keep in mind that if you sell personally, you can be held liable for any issue, so I would look to make enough that will off set the tax credit and also make it worth your while in case someone comes back to you down the road saying they have issues...

John Carson

Personally we have always driven our cars for so long before trade in, we have to pay the dealer to take our old chug-a-lug car as a trade in. We go 12 to 15 years on some. Our cars are now 9 and 10 years old, but still look good, and running strong. The Corvette (1969) is just too good to get rid of.