02 blazer LS 4.3

Asked by Jun 05, 2017 at 07:29 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4-Door RWD

My blazer was running fine went on
vacation for 4 days and came back
Friday night got in it and it would not
crank it tried but never cranked pulled
the coil wire off and it was sparking
Orange I'm not know mechanic so any
help would be great I did change the
crank sensor but that didn't help

760

Check and see if wires are firing off cap. Possibly got moisture in cap. If have access to scan tool. See if you have any codes. If you can pull distributor cap up and see if there is moisture in cap. If so change cap and rotor button. The Orange spark concerns me. You could have an issue with the ignition module. Its mounted right beside coil

Just changed the cap and rotor button wires and plugs ignition module I did not change I will change it and if that don't work I will get back to you thanks so much

760

Check fuel pressure too

85,515

You have a weak coil. The spark should be white, blueish is color. A orange spark is a weak spark. You can have the coil tested at an auto parts store. Fuel pressure has nothing to do with the spark.

760

Nobody said fuel pressure did rowefast. Just asked him to check It.

I just changed the coil and the module last night it still want crank it's got good fuel pressure

85,515

Fuel pressure would be an issue, but an orange spark was not good either. So verify the fuel pressure at the Schrader Valve up on the intake manifold with a fuel pressure gauge. It should be 56 to 63 lbs. Turn the key to the on position and let the fuel pressure build up, then let it sit. Fuel pressure should not drop more than 5 lbs. in 3 minutes. If it does then the spider injection assembly would need to be changed out. This is a common problem. Test and see what is going on with the fuel pressure. Should change out the fuel filter first for most accurate readings.

760

Need to verify fuel pressure and do need to be able to scan engine for codes. If pressure ok. Spray some carb cleaner in intake and see if it will crank

The only code it had was the crank sensor and I changed it I will check the fuel pressure with a Gage and see thank y'all so much for helping me with this I pray that god will bless y'all in whatever y'all need