Shot of whiskey to run brave, or a Joint to help calm down?

Asked by Mar 26, 2013 at 02:27 PM about the 1995 Ford F-150 Eddie Bauer 4WD SB

This Los Angeles traffic for example is enough to make a guy go mad....been stuck in it and watched complete
strangers passin' a joint between lanes...when you're stuck any relief is welcome....Alcohol definitely slow the
reaction time, like you WILL be the merchant of death for the squirrel you just turned into a pancake, and could
have been avoided if you weren't drinkin!

yeah, I know BOTH...LOL~

You got that right. Matter of fact I have been there since yesterday, and just got home. It's enough to make a person nuttier than they already are I spent an hour to go 10 miles on Interstate 10, got off tried side streets and no better, I don't know how those people do it..it reminds me of Michael Douglas in "Falling Down' movie..it's enough to drive you to drink allright, but I have not had a drop of alcohol since 2001 and I was actually tempted to grab a shot to do right about now...after I got home....but didn't. Still coping

Best Answer

yay DavidH25....strength! have experienced this level of fury every time I visit dear old southland, bet you don't live exactly there. Tileshop (Claudia's first love) has a branch in Van Nuys which would be swell by me, except she's rubbin' noses with the San Francisco old money, and just loves to drive her Prius the two and a half hours it takes to "get home"- drivin, lovin' fool...that one is~ anyhow keeps me from stayin' with my Dad in Orange county (love the man, but have no respect for him...is this possible?) everything in moderation...safely~

at least you weren't stuck in compton with nothing but shoes-

True...a bad situation, but bad compared to what? I'm home, well, and rapidly unstressing because of that simple fact..and your question: sure it's possible.

I think it was Humphrey Bogart talkin' to Walter Brennan (as a drunkard) who just needed one shot to "run brave" is where this comes from~

Gotta pipe in with this fact...Pharmecutial products never make you "healthy" despite the ads of healthy people tyin' their shoes, runnin, and jumpin' without that cane, and proceed to as a matter of projection speak of erectile dysfuction, liver damage, headache, nausea, vomiting and death as side effects, and they are asking us to chase after the doc just cause "Ah hurd it on tuyvuy" and these ailments do not go unnoticed by the subconcious, a kind of amateurish attempt at planting rediculous ideas in one's head....I'm for the Canadian or British system where the scratch one could by several lexii one for the hussy as well, and have no time because being a doctor engulfs every aspect of one's lifestyle and should be done because it feels good to do good to others and to practice what has been given to each of us, the ability for the body to heal itself is something that you cannot start shakin' down people charging them $5 for a cotton ball and making them buy the sterile suit the doc and assistant have to pay for it---it is infuriating this treat your fellow man as you would yourself...apparently the world is filled with selfish thoughtless people who call themselves christian....but follow the path of buddha as is the only one that makes any sense at all....more bonbons please~

24,095

ONLY in Cali...You'd never see people passing a joint from car to car on a major interstate in Philly...Cops here would have a field day giving out big $$ tickets + arresting people....Takes all kinds I guess.

mellow fellows....a complete stranger, yet on your level, cause you are both faced with HORRIBLE traffic, and both need to take a toke and mellow out...it totally makes sense, you guys back east are uptight and like to fight that clip is from some movie am supposed to be familiar with don't know it my stoner bretheren~

24,095

Ummm....It's not so much a matter of being uptight, as it is common sense. First of all, drinking and/or smoking illegal substances while driving can land you behind bars, on a concrete slab in a morgue, in a severe accident that leaves you paralyzed from the neck down...or if you're lucky, in a ditch somewhere....I take driving VERY seriously. We've got some VERY reckless drivers where I live, you've GOT to be on your toes and fully alert at ALL times. (P.S. That clip is from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and that's Jeff Spicoli aka Sean Penn in the pic..never saw this 80's movie?)

there are a lot of clips I'd share, but this isn't the correct forum, Facebook is a good place-