Oil Cooling Kits

145

Asked by Mar 09, 2013 at 12:40 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Venture LT Extended

I live in a very warm country and I guess Chevy's are not designed for such warm driving
conditions. My temp gauge reaches up to 2/3's during summer and bad traffic jams.

Do oil cooling kits work? Any item on eBay or Amazon that you can recommend?

Wow, sid, you're having all sorts of trouble, eh? Unless you live in Dubai or Death Valley you really shouldn't need an oil cooler. A 2003 model car should be able to tolerate very hot climates. 2/3 of the way up is hotter than it should get, but as long as it goes back to normal, middle range when you get going and get some air flow you will be fine as is

145

Hahaha! As I posted in my review, if you have an enemy make him/her buy a Chevy Venture. When s/he buys...you're even! Wouldn't getting your temp low extend the life of your engine?

there's been no discussion of the thermostat, which apparently is NOT a 195!...change it to a cooler what you've got one~

anything lower than operating temperature will NOT extend the life!

the only oil cooler that I can lay a paw on is the troublesome VW beetle cooler, hastily located above the No.3 cylinder causing this particular cylinder to fail first, air cooled = not controlling the ignition temperature so much...the BMW cycle also used to give a fella toasted ankles too-....wonder if they cooled the crankcase oil?

hey, it's a chevy! baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and lambroghhini..not korean...no. Do not like the korean cars. THEY are the trouble....none chevies..please be kind.

If you are really unconcerned about how cool the motor is getting, you could always pull out the thermostat and throw it away, that's what we'd do on the rust-bucket Wisconsin beauties...just to keep 'em from overheating.

145

Okay, okay, 'got it. As long as I don't get a overheat icon by the message center it's fine. Yes I agree with you on the f$#@n Korean cars. I had 3 of 'em. Two knocked down engines, One busted tranny...only after 3 years. Never again...I vow.

18,525

sid,one last thing an engine lasts longer running hot than cold,but not so hot its boiling the coolent,thats another story but measure with moms turkey thermometer it may be an err with the needle guage

18,525

oh, almost forgot your question,hell yes oil cool is good,,mostly the trans.oil.you can make your own with a air conditiner condensor from a small car and some hose lines

145

Thanks 7jimmy7 ! Boy this changed my view on running hot engines.