dash lights do not work. Fuses are good bulbs are good.

Asked by Aug 18, 2014 at 06:04 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Venture LS

dash lights started going off intermittantly for a while and got more frequent as time went
by. . now the are off all the time. this is a 2003 model.

13,565

Your ground is not good. If your getting electrical power to the bulbs, the common ground is either disconnected, or you have a break in the connection. If you can put in a false ground, see it that makes the lights work. It also may be a faulty switch. Test the circuit to see if you have power past the switch. Electricity is like water, put a hole in the hose, and water will not flow out the other end.

all other lights and warning lights work ok. Its the illumination lights that dont light up by the speedo. another blog i went to suggested it could be a auto headlamp control module under the steering column. do you know anything about that? thanks

13,565

You are talking about different circuits. You may have to pull the dash out to get to the lights to see if there is any power going to the lights. If you have power on the circuit then it is a ground. There is a control switch on the dash that regulates the light intensity to brighten it or dim it. That switch may have a lose wire or be bad. That is where you should start along with checking the wire connection from the fuse box.

Was this issue resolved? I have the same problem.