Rear Window Washer

Asked by Dec 29, 2008 at 05:45 AM about the 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT

Rear window washer doesn't dispense washer fluid.  I understand both front and rear are supplied by the same reservoir.

2,075

yes, they are supplied by the same resivoir with two seperate pumps. the pump for the rear is located a little higher in the tank so as not to run you out of fluid for the front. It's VERY common to have the lines become plugged, when i was working at one of the gm dealers here in town, i would get at least one a day that was plugged. More than likely the lines are plugged or may have become disconnected. if you can here the pump running (located passenger front of the engine compartment) then likely there is an issue with the line being plugged. the best way to clean it out is using compressed air.

180

Awesome post. Took care of my problem in three short blasts from my compressor. (2006 Trailblazer LT). Thought I had a bad windshield wiper motor---but kept thinking something might be in the line. Can't recall this ever happening on all the other cars I have had over the years. FYI - there is a manufacturer's splice which pulls apart with a little effort between the coolant resevoir and the passenger fender. There are two outbound windshield wiper resevoir lines and are noticeable because one line clearly goes up to the front wipers and the other goes down (probably along the chassis to the rear window) Point the compressed air in the lower one to rear. It took about 30 seconds for the fluid to push what ever still remained and squirt out the back.

2000pontiac Montana gives me a bath when I use the rear window washer

30

i try'd and try'd to blow mine with a compresser,my drivers side still barley hits the windshield , passenger side works great, back window doesn't work either ,08 trailblazer

30

this is a very easy check to see if the line is plugged. Go to a carwash open your hood. do not put money in just pull the nozzle and put it on one of the sprays. Squeeze the nozzle it usually has water coming out. As you are squeezing look at your reservoir if you see water filling its cleared. gene

10

Please tell me how to turn ON & OFF rear wind sheild wiper on a 2004 chevy trail blazer ls.