95 Ford E350 cuts out while driving and has bells going off

10

Asked by Feb 19, 2015 at 01:39 AM about the 1995 Ford E-350 XL Club Wagon Passenger Van

1) While driving down the road the van will cut out and die.

2) the van when started sometimes will ring a bell 4 times then 3 then 4 then 2 then 4 and so on. what is setting this off.

23,055

Do any lights on the dash come on, specifically the seat belt light, or the alarm/security light? To help identify your problem you may want to take it to an auto store and have the trouble codes scanned, most places (Autozone, Advance, O'Rielly) do this for free, once you have the codes post them here or google them.

30

I've replaced the coil,seater switch under the steering column, and the module, plus the connector to the module. It will just go dead going down the road, some times it will crank back some times I got to get out and unplug the module and plug it back up . And sometimes it will crank after that

10

We have found that when the exnition key is the only one in it dose not act up we think exnition switch.

30

Some times when I go out to crank my van it want crank . And I can unplug the module and plug it back in, it will start. Sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times before it cranks . Then I can be going down the road and it just shuts off, sometime it will crank right back up, some times it takes 1or 5 minutes before it cranks . I've noticed that when it want crank right back up , I can unplug module and plug back up it might crank. I have replaced the module 2 times and it is still doing it ,I've replaced the plug to the module, and it's still doing it, I've replaced the coil and it's still doing the same thing ,I've replaced the ignition switch under the steering column . And it's still doing the same thing ,. I put it on a machine at auto zone, and it checks out fine , but if it's not acting up ,it want show that there is anything wrong. So I'm asking what else could it be that's causing it to stop firing,and going dead on me

30