2003 Chevrolet Tracker overheats on inclines. New radiator, new water pump, new thermostat (x4). On recent trip, thermostat removed and worked fine. Is this advisable. Two dealers and two outside mechanics unable to fix. Thanks!

Asked by Jul 14, 2016 at 10:11 AM about the 2003 Chevrolet Tracker Base

Update: Third independent mechanic thought is was the water pump housing. No. The coolant isn't circulating. The coolant coming from the engine to the radiator=hot. Coolant coming from the radiator back to the engine doesn't seem to be working. The hose is too cool to the touch and can't tell if liquid is coming through at all.

Benjamin Bartlett

Was the systom propperly bled and presherized,pre fill pump and manualy work it a little before install makes all the differance in the world. But you probly did all that how about the caps for coolsnt and radiator replaced or not

Benjamin Bartlett

Thermastat in backwards accidentley

After seven (7) mechanics and three more thermostats...The answer was: Heater core. They cleaned it out, everything is great.