INSTRUMENT CLUSTER pcm

Asked by Sep 01, 2016 at 05:56 PM about the 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD Crew Cab

Hi, 2004 sport trac(the Issue) Instrument cluster works intermittently. If I reset the pcm it works well for a short while but then all goes haywire again. Speedometer sticks or doesn't work and the odometer only has green lines, the overdrive light wont change when pushed, check engine light goes on. This all starts when I turn the key on. sometimes if I drive for a while it corrects its self. Fuses look good. I have had my speedometer tested and it works fine. At that time i was told either a loose connection or the pcm needs replaced.also where would the ground wire from pcm on my frame be located? Any ideas. and once in a while I hear a strange noise from the junction box where the fuses and relays are.Thank You I really appreciate the help.

10

Ok, so after many headaches and reading many post, i found a used cluster and put it it.. this was an issue seems used clusters are very hard to come by. Anyhow so far so good i am not sure yet about the lights coming on and off yet because they as far as i know havent, nor can i answer about battery drain because ive been driving it. I will say that it was a very frustrating issue.