how can I get hose into tank on 93 E150 to siphon gas

Asked by Aug 31, 2013 at 10:45 AM about the 1993 Ford E-150 XL Econoline

I need to empty the gas tank on my 93 e150.  I have a new hand pump from Harbor Freight but I have tried several hose sizes and all seem to hit obstruction about 3 feet in from nozzle flap

I use air compressor hose. Tape up sharp edges around the male end and insert it into tank. Might have to spin hose some as you push it in but it has always worked for me.

Best Answer Mark helpful

If that doesn't work try removing filler tube neck and drop hose straight into tank.

Option 2 is the key, there is a ball valve that allows fuel to pass by but not be removed, fuel theft deterrent

the obstruction is the emission control...most likely the point at which the charcoal canister is connected~

The ball is a roll-over check valve. Aside from running the fuel pump by jumping the fuel pressure relay, one could try siphoning from the EVAP vent on top of the tank. You may have to work at it and be sure to clear any dirt from falling in the tank. No matter how you do it - it isn't any fun without a hoist, a jack and a strap.

thank you all for your help you have saved me a lot of aggravation and wasted time

Without much fuss I took the dog house off and located the valve stem on the fuel line. Took out the valve, hose clamped a home on it and used abjumper wire to turn on the fuel pump. Can be done in 10 minutes.

***Hose clamped a hose...not a home lol.