park or neutral for tranny fld check and power steering reservoir locateion

Asked by May 24, 2015 at 07:52 PM about the 1993 Ford E-150 STD Econoline

Friend out west. She checked tranny fluid with van shut off. She said it looked low and
added over 1/2 qt. Started driving, shifting funny. Told her tranny isn't like oil. 1/2 qt is a
lot if you are unsure of proper checking. And she can't locate power steering reservoir. I
am unfamiliar, hard to tell her over phone. A diagram of under hood would be helpful

95,035

Fords of the year the trans fluid is checked warm, in park at idle. The power steering is hard to see on a van but it is on the drivers side of the engine tucked in behind the mounting bracket, if it hasn't been replaced it will have a small yellow stripe right on the top ridge of the cap? Make sure you power steering fluid if it is low.