what would cause no headlights or high beams have running lights and i can flash the highbeams

20

Asked by Oct 02, 2013 at 09:13 PM about the 2000 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab LB 4WD

i have a 2000 f350 i turn on the headlights they wont come on the high beams wont come on either  i can flash the hi beams by pulling back on the dimmer swtch i have marker lights what the heck is goin on anybody run across this before.??????

8,685

Check your fuses first. Dose you truck have daytime running lights(DRL)?

20

fuses all check out an it does not have drl or auto headlight switch iam leaning towards the dimmer but not sure i dont want to throw parts at it

8,685

Power for low and high beams goes through the headlight and dimmer switch. Flash-to-pass, goes around the headlight switch, straight to the dimmer. It still can be either part. With the headlight switch in the "on" position, check for power at the Red w/yellow stripe wire at the headlight switch. If you have power there, it's a bad dimmer switch. If there is no power, then it's the headlight switch.

20

thank you i will give it a shot

70

Hey, I have the same problem. I've replaced the dimmer switch and the head light switch. I have new bulbs, I've done the pigtail to the headlights but still doesn't work. I've checked all of my fusses as well. Can anyone help? Thank you!

40

Hey jcks did you find a solution to your problem. I need help as well

20

Same problem here with 02 F350 7.3 Diesel. Replaced lamps, dimmer. My problem is a short in the steering column, as I could get them to come back on by moving it. Now completely dead and am searching through the wiring to find the short.

High beam/wiper assy on colume $50 part on amazon

Did anyone figure this out?

20

Yep! My issue was the wire harness at twelve o'clock behind the steering wheel on the steering column. I recall just two phillips bolts and unscrewing the column adjustment lever to remove the two plastic covers. One of the leads in the harness wasn't making a clean connection. I sanded them all down, disconnected and reconnected the harness several times to "re-seat" it. No problems since.

I have the same problem. Tilting the steering column got the lights to come on, and moving the wiressin the column worked occasionally. I found the connector on the multi function switch burnt, as well as the switch (plug on top by hazard button) not sure if the problem came from the switch or if I have an issue in the harness..... any ideas??