clutch problem

Asked by Apr 30, 2012 at 06:51 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe

my pedal is soft and the 1 gear is hard to shift and the reverse grating. i have put a new clutch kit and i have change the master cylinder

1,065

did you replace the slave cylinder as well

Check out the bleeder valve attached to the slave cylinder there is a spring inside of the bleeder valve that helps control the pressure on the clutch it's actually a difficult place to find I'm here because I'm trying to find one myself if this spring is broken you either have to buy an entirely new slave cylinder or find a parts car you can look up what cars you can use have transferable parts to yours you don't have the exact year and make

Other than the clutch kit if you installed all the plates in the master cylinder and everything in the spring isn't the problem that leaves your alignment to be off and maybe rubbing something so that part is working properly and you can check your work or your synchronizers and after that all that's left is the transmission but for all of that you would want to take it to an actual mechanic if you don't have that much knowledge in this car then you would probably want to take it mechanic to check the bleeder valve to

Fork not work