2003 chevy blazer no acceleration

Asked by Apr 25, 2017 at 01:45 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS 4WD

Im having the same problem, i have a 2003 chevy blazer 4.3L. i just got from
an auction, week later it started overheating and now wont go past 10mph. i
changed the thermostat, Mass air flow sensor and still nothing changed. i
tried the blue devil head gasket sealer still nothing. after reading online in
gonna replace the fuel filter and bypass cat converter.  engine codes were
p0101 bad maf, p101, p102 and now p103. was told maybe blown head
gasket cuz coolant got in the heads, maybe the water pump not circulating
but its not leaking idk please help if any

95

I have a 93 with a 2003 chevy blazer engine 4.3L V6. Shortly after purchase I had over heading issues and others. Changed Thermostat, Thermostat Housing, new hoses, completely flushed all of the dex cool orange and put in the Green instead. Also changed all spark plugs, wires, distributor and cap. Runs great now.

95

and rotor

Thank you so much for replying, I was thinking about replacing all those too but might be out of my league. Did yours also not acellerate past 10mph and then overheat and coolant spill from overflow (which is what mine is currently doing). You don't think i need to replace the water pump or fuel filter or fuel pump? Also did u have a blown head gasket? Do u think I do have blown head gasket? How do I check

95

I replaced the waterpump too. First and foremost (in my opinion) I would flush the entire system. Definitely recommend tune up with new wires, plugs. How I've seen shops do this is to start the car up and let the engine run a bit to build the coolant pressure. Get a water hose running and take the radiator cap off. Take one of the coolant block plugs out and put the house into the radiator. Let that run until what comes out is clear as water, and then a little longer. Turn the car off and drain the coolant (be careful here, if the car has reached operating temp you'll want to keep the hose running for a bit after the motor is turned off so that the block doesn't over heat due to lack of coolant, or you may want to put the plug in and let it sit for a bit until the motor cools down). After you've drained the block fill it back up with the appropriate mix of water and coolant. Make sure you start the vehicle up again because you will need it running in order to completely fill the block (and not just the radiator). Maybe use this: https://www.amazon.com/BlueDevil-Radiator- Flush-Ounce-00204/dp/B00BJOT9A8