just got a $8000 service at helms bros and check engine light came on next day! was I ripped off?

Asked by Dec 21, 2010 at 03:16 AM about the 2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 600

what could cause the service lights to come on?
I had new oil change
plugs and coils. all fluids flushed and changed
$8000 tag  Then service light!
What to do? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

365

lol calm down its not the end of the world its probably just a glitch try disconnecting then re connecting your battery if not BRING THAT BACK IN AND DEMAND A FIX! ask them to run a diagnostics test on the engine to see whats wrong and does it feel like somethings wrong? does it ride and drive ok?

5

what type of service cost $8000? it can be as small as your gas cap not tight, or maybe something major...if you are in los angeles, bring it to auto fitness.

25

last time i went for service it was first my mass air flow meter and a week later oxygen sensor. so it could i of 100 things, one after the other. but first disconnect your battery posts, touch both posts together while out of the battery, then reconnect. make sure you have your radio code before you do that because you have to re-enter the code before your radio would work.

8,365

umm yeah, you were, as a high end European mechanic, return and request a diagnostic scan be done. s600, must commend you for the v-12, however it simply means we can charge more. they probably forgot to plug in a sensor. For your personal benefit hope the transmission wasn't one of the flushed fluids....feel free to repost the codes that came up, if you are not happy there, advanced, pep boys, auto zone, all locations capable of reading codes. let me know

8,365

resetting the battery though helpful will not work in a 600, every time you cycle the ignition (start it), every computer resets.